Vermillion - Shivers (Melodic Hardcore/Metalcore)

• Hey guys,
    I want to present you the very first musicvideo of my band Vermillion. If you dig our sound you should visit our Facebook page as we will upload our EP "Soulcase" tonight. The video was produced by Inhale Productions and the music by Another Diamond Recordings both are based in Munich. I think both of them have done a brilliant job on the production and you should really check them out. So here it is, let's hear some opinions:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGljHnAKWoo

FB-Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/officialVermillion

• Really love the guitar work and overall production is great. The video looks really well put together also and is synced up well with the music.
    Honestly, whenever I hear this kind of music, being a songwriter myself, I end up disappointed because I hear some really cool music and I instantly start hearing possible melodies in my head of what would sound cool with it, then when the vocals start, it's just screaming continuously throughout the entire song. While the music is doing all of these changes, the vocals sound like they have no more energy in the choruses than they do in the verses because it starts with screaming and there's really nowhere to go from there vocally.
    Keep in mind, I'm a 45 year old songwriter who grew up on VH, Queensryche, Dio, Scorpions, Nirvana, STP etc. I'm used to hearing melody.
    For this genre, I'm sure it's probably a kick ass song. I just can't understand a word that is being said and have no idea what it's about so it's hard to relate to it without busting out the lyrics and reading them. As cool as the song is, I think it could be twice as good if something melodic was done vocally during the verses and save the screaming for choruses or for certain words in the choruses.
    Just my two cents from a middle aged nobody songwriter. :)

Thanks for sharing and I hope I didn't offend you.

Steve

• Thank you very much for your feedback. No offence was taken ;) I totally understand that you are not a fan of the screaming. I think that's just a matter of taste. There are a lot of bands which do a similar sound like us who also have clean vocals during their choruses. It's just not our thing although we do have clean vocals on other songs on our EP when we thought that the song needs some more softer vocals to sound more interesting.