Feature Request List - New KPA owner/AxeFX convert...sort of.

• After a couple years of almost pulling the trigger; I finally bought a KPA Rack.
    I've been using the AxeFX since it was first released to the public. I still own a Standard and an AxeFXII.
    While I honestly believe the TONES are better in the KPA, some of the effects are still a little behind the ball on the AxeFX. (in general, most are more than fine for 90% of my needs, not trying to dog on the effects)
    One major thing that I would like to have is an Intelligent Harmonizer. The intelligent harmonizer in the Fractal is far superior to most anything else I've ever tried with only an Eventide being able to perform as well.
    Unfortunately, the KPA just can't do a good enough job for me to be able to move 100% over to it; so I'm forced to have my AxeFX still in my setup; which is disappointing since I wanted to haul less gear.

The second request would be for a PC Editor. I've read where it wasn't a high priority but it surely should be. My KPA is in my live rack which is a rolling shockmount rack that sits low to the ground. It's unreasonably uncomfortable to get down on the floor and try to do everything from the face of the unit. This alone makes spending time dialing in tones exceptionally painful. I'm used to connecting a USB cable and using a PC editor and spending hours comfortably dialing in tones but it's just not feasible with the KPA for me.
    Additionally; it would be excellent to have the ability to connect a wifi or bluetooth dongle to the unit and be able to control it via an iPhone/iPad Editor. I'm sure the Android guys would like this too.
    An additional bonus would be if wifi; if it could also get an ip address and connect to Rig Exchange without needing a PC or transferring files via flash drive.

Another thing that I would really like to see is the ability to use Audio streaming via USB. I know that there are arguments for and against this; but it is a nice feature of the AxeFXII that I use quite a bit.

I'm using a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro with two Ernie Ball VPJr pedals for CC control. Better Midi Flexibility would be great here.
    For the life of me, I can't seem to find a way to configure a minimum and maximum range. I'd love to be able to assign a gain control to one of my CC pedals and have it go somewhere from a minimum of about 10% to a maximum of about 80%; but it seems that all I can do is 0% to 100%. This is essentially useless and unusable.

I know this is probably outside the scope of what the KPA is meant to do; but it's something that I do quite a bit on the AxeFX -- having the ability to load up two different amps and use a CC pedal to roll between the two would sure be awesome. I mean, technically, it's still considered a "rig" right? Some guys use two amps in a rig...the same would be nice here. This would really only be super useful if more advanced midi/CC control were implemented.

Also; I would like the ability to import individual rigs from a flash drive. I have a bunch that I keep on the drive and whenever I add something new - it goes thru an import of every amp again; which seems kind of pointless.
    I think a vocoder that could use an attached microphone would be a great bonus as well...but I'm just wishing now. I'd like to not need to take my EHX Iron Lung to shows anymore.
    A looper would also be nice...but not as high of a priority to me.

I haven't checked if this is available as an option, but I'd sure like to rename amps/cabinets that are included in downloaded rigs. It seems that because of non-standardized naming practices; I can sometimes not find some amps or they are misspelled, incorrectly named. Minor annoyance to me, I'm probably alone in finding this an issue.

• Let's see.
    Intelligent pitch shifter is already available and sounds unbelievable.
    Editor has been asked for many times and I hope they will do it some time. There are rumours...
    IPhone/IPad is unlikely to happen, as we'll as USB audio streaming.
    Import individual rigs from a flash drive: you can import them from USB already and the profiler only Imports rigs you don't already have.
    2 amps at the same time and vocoder would be very nice. ;)
    Looper will come. :)

• I know this is probably outside the scope of what the KPA is meant to do; but it's something that I do quite a bit on the AxeFX -- having the ability to load up two different amps and use a CC pedal to roll between the two would sure be awesome. I mean, technically, it's still considered a "rig" right? Some guys use two amps in a rig...the same would be nice here. This would really only be super useful if more advanced midi/CC control were implemented.

I totally agree with you in regards of two parallel stacks (amps). That should be a feature of a future firmware update and I do not consider such a feature at all to be "outside the scope of what the KPA is meant to do".
    I think this should definitely be INSIDE the scope of the KPA in the future !

The editor will come some day, I am positive about this. It would be disappointing if it doesn´t with such an excellent product.

Regarding iPad control:
    I once had the spontaneous idea of a 19" KPA with only 1HU and the six pots (plus a few other controls that should be and could be laid out on a panel of a stripped-down rack version), but controlled via a tablet or laptop computer.

Well, this may even be something worth considering ...
    One could then mount this 1HU KPA in a rack or an empty amp head shell which would even have additional space to house power amps, mounted ("invisibly") from the backside and on top of the 1HU KPA.