Oh, Fall: new, season-inspired metal song

• Here's something I'm working on. It's still very fresh so I may end up changing a lot (I'll probably add a guitar solo somewhere). I used Lasse Lammert's Mean Bastard profile.

I'm trying a different approach to songwriting that is much more song-oriented: instead of starting with a bunch of riffs, I came up with the lyrics and the vocal melody first, then built the rest around it. Hope you folks like it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks. :)

Yeah, I like those fast riffs, it's been a while since I've done such a thing.

Lasse Lammert's profiles were the fist I used extensively for a while after I got my Kemper, but in our live/rehearsal band setting they sounded a bit too weak and thin, so I soon turned to other rigs. With this song, however, I was struggling to get those fast notes in the chorus riff (the one that opens the song) to sound articulated enough in the mix, and that made me go back to the Lasse Lammert pack, which really shines with stuff like this.

Funny thing is, at that point I still had to find a fast 4/4 riff for the middle part, and playing with that punchy Mean Bastard profile really made it turn out the way it did.