Using Multiple Cab mic IR's with one Amp

• Hey guys,

I am completely new to the Kemper scene, but I am immensely curious of the capabilities of the machine. I am currently saving up the mula to buy a unit for myself. With that I have some questions regarding using the Kemper in a live scenario. I attempted to find the answers online, but to no avail. Hopefully you guys can chime in and help me out.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Can you load two different amps profiles and play them simultaneously live? As in one amp panned to L speaker and another amp panned R. If not can you load multiple cab mic IR's with one amp and pan some of them L and the other R?

Example I. - Left Side - ENGL Blackmoore SM57 + ENGL Blackmoore Audix I5 .............. Right Side - Marshall JCM900 Sennheiser MD421 + Marshall JCM Audix I5

or

Example I. - Left Side - ENGL Blackmoore SM57 + ENGL Blackmoore Audix I5 .............. Right Side - ENGL Blackmoore Sennheiser MD421 + ENGL Blackmoore JCM Audix I5

or

Example II. - Left Side - ENGL Blackmoore Audix I5 .............. Right Side - ENGL Blackmoore Sennheiser MD421

Would it be easier if the the kemper profile had all mics wanted mixed into one amp profile? is that possible?

My goal would be to use different amps panned L and R. If not multiple amps, multiple cab mic IRs for one amp.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear some you guys soon!

• I used to use two amps at once with Line 6 gear, to try and get a more complex and authentic feeling sound. The Kemper sounds and feels authentic without doing that.

You would need two Kempers to run two amps at once.

The Kemper does one mono profile (amp + cabinet), with stereo effects.

If the cabinet was miced with more than one mic, that is the sound you will hear.

• That was quick!

hummm interesting..

I just was wondering if I can maximized the rock sound by running two amp profiles at the same time.. perhaps with a veryyyy slight type delay to get the sonic full sound that two guitarist would have playing live. (I am the only guitarist in my band). But that would be expecting too much I suppose. Perhaps in a future update...

Is there a possible way of mixing already made amp profiles into one? As in, if I were to buy a kemper profile pack and realized that 2 of the profiles sound amazing when played together, can I combine them into one amp profile?

Obviously the combined profiles would be using the same amp with unchanged settings and unchanged environment. The only striking difference would be that they would be tracked with two different mics.

These questions might be superfluous, but I would like to know to better maximize everything the Kemper has to offer.

Thanks again! (And thanks Paults for the prompt response)

• Welcome Ursavolta! ;)

I used to use two amps at once with Line 6 gear, to try and get a more complex and authentic feeling sound. The Kemper sounds and feels authentic without doing that.

Exactly my experience! ;)

You would need two Kempers to run two amps at once.

The Kemper does one mono profile (amp + cabinet), with stereo effects.

If the cabinet was miced with more than one mic, that is the sound you will hear.

That's how it is for now.. Also it is not possible at the moment to 'merge' 2 profiles into one.