Kemper Library Preset sharing

• This is what I have been wanting from the first time I plugged in my Kemper, some one else to create rig preset templates so that once you find a good amp then browse through the effect templates to create the full sound rather than having to build an effect group from scratch when you don't really know that much about effects. Having some of the excellent musicians who use the kemper share their effect templates is what I crave for as we have all the amps we could ever want but need experts to create effect groups like plugging your amp into Satriani's, Steve Wilson's, Beck's pedal board. So can we get the guys at Kemper to come up with a way of sharing these effect rigs with out having to attach them to a full rig to share on the rig exchange.

• But since I do not profile and mainly use free profiles created by others from the rig exchange, I did not think it would have been fair if I was to share the profile. This got me thinking that it would be great if I was able to just exclusively share the preset.

What about using the "Amp #0" created by CKemper and disable it in the rig, so that you can use the rig as a trojan horse for the preset?
    Then the users locks the fx sections, load their favourite profiles and get what you just created :) Then they save the results or tweak from there.

I'm aware it's just a workaround, but It would just be a matter of educating the new users about "locking and loading".
    Properly tagging this kind of rigs, RM would help managing them properly.

What do you guys think?

• What about using the "Amp #0" created by CKemper and disable it in the rig, so that you can use the rig as a trojan horse for the preset?
    Then the users locks the fx sections, load their favourite profiles and get what you just created :) Then they save the results or tweak from there.

I'm aware it's just a workaround, but It would just be a matter of educating the new users about "locking and loading".
    Properly tagging this kind of rigs, RM would help managing them properly.

What do you guys think?

This is a great idea and easily do-able if you know which FX you want to try out. However, I don't think people will be able to distinguish between an "FX Preset rig" and a standard rig from within the rig librarian. So even this would merit a separate section within the librarian/rig exchange.

It's also more tedious than what I had in mind. What I was thinking of was more along the lines of a separate tab in the rig exchange for FX presets. Open the tab, double click on a preset and it loads it into the Kemper without changing the profile.

This way, you could try out four, five or more presets by just double clicking it and having it load on to the existing profile without much difficulty. Something like "Paul Gilbert Aeroplane Flanger", double click and it loads a flanger along with some other FX to create the desired effect. Or "Pink Floyd Echo" and it loads another combination of FX. It would be so easy within the existing librarian, which would just require a way to load a palette of FX, similar to the way it loads rigs.

At least, I imagine it's doable. Take for example DonPetersen's ongoing thread about various wah FX. How do I know his presets suit me? It would be great if he could create an FX palette called "Hendrix Wah", I just load up rig librarian, double click on the preset and it loads on to my Kemper so I can test it out. Currently, to share presets, we have to create a complete profile, or just exchange the settings in text.

Want to save it? Just follow the normal procedure you would when creating your own FX preset. If these presets could be shared, that would be a great day in the development of the Kemper community, because I think there could be a lot more ground covered by multiple users working on various FX than one single person might be able to think up. The emphasis would be on sharing presets under this system, similar to the way we can share profiles.

• Agreed - it can be done with any rig.

But, some are concerned about using another person's rig to share FX presets.

But why? It's much easier for the sharing person to supply the rig incl. all the tweaked FX.
    And the interested user can use the stack or retrieve his own (locking the FX).

• I don't see it as a problem, either.

Nightlight (or, anyone else) - you are welcome to build FX rigs using my Deluxe Reverb and Jubilee profiles. You can rename them "FX ________ " , and add comments, of course. Please retain me as the Amplifier and cabinet author ;)

The early FX rigs I did were built on existing rigs. But, like you said, I tagged them properly. If the amp and cab were still active. I retained the Amp and Cabinet Author names as original.

In some of them, where there was no active amp, I added an Amp comment "BYPASSED".

• Thanks for the offer, paults, that's kind of you.

I'm thinking of this more from the point of view of the community rather than just my sharing a couple of interesting FX rigs. I, for one, find the rig librarian a life saver when I want to pull up a different amplifier once in a while and have found it to be a real life saver.

There's absolutely no better way than creating an FX rig and loading it in librarian right now. Perhaps we could ask all users with FX rigs to follow a similar naming convention - FX_***** -- so that it is easier to find these FX presets.

But say I have a profile in mind and I want to try those FX on it. This would involve using librarian, locking presets on Kemper, then using librarian again or browsing through Kemper to test it out.

I know, seems spoilt, but just being able to pull in a set of FX, such as say "stereo widening, EQ cut for metal" or something like that just by double clicking would be wonderful from the perspective of workflow on the Kemper. It's already great, I'd be extremely happy if it got even better. It will also deepen the sharing community on the rig exchange, imo.

• I know, seems spoilt, but just being able to pull in a set of FX, such as say "stereo widening, EQ cut for metal" or something like that just by double clicking would be wonderful from the perspective of workflow on the Kemper. It's already great, I'd be extremely happy if it got even better. It will also deepen the sharing community on the rig exchange, imo.

Indeed, this would be very convenient, and would deepen the common understanding of what the FX in the profiler can do as well.
    I only don't know if this can be done using the architecture of RM as is.

• Guys, no need to use rig#0 for this.
    Just uploade ANY rig with the proper FX added, (just TAG IT PROPERLY) and retrieve your favourite stack in browse mode, voilà.

I suggested that rig because he has problems with using others' rigs. Not that I agreed with this :)