Sharing my experience with some different full range systems

• So far, I've tried:
    Studio Monitors: Neumann KH120. Very nice. Sounds very close to what a good mic'd amp sounds like in my studio.
    PA Speakers/Monitors: JBL Eon 10....absolutely horrible. Nowhere close to flat response. The built-in amp seems very sluggish as well...doesn't respond to nuances. Somehow managed to make nearly every profile sound like a Line 6 Spider IV. Bad, bad, bad.
    Yamaha Dxr12: Much better than the JBL. I didn't like the fact that it didn't sound very good off axis, but had a generally pleasing frequency response. As you move side to side, you hear more of the woofer or horn, depending on where you're at. This must be why people prefer coaxial wedges for this application.
    Fender Expo Pa: Bose style vertical line array on a stick. By far the best. Not necessarily the flattest system, but it just sounds "right." Gets it right up to ear level where I can hear it. The horn is a little raspy/cheap sounding; I covered it with one strip of duct tape and that did the trick. The adjustable sub level will also come in handy for adjustments to different stages and/or rooms. I got it pretty loud and didn't clip the amp. Next step is to take this to a rehearsal, then a gig (once I get everything programmed in). I am wondering how the 120 degree dispersion will play out on stage....will it bleed all over everything (vocal mics, drum mics)? Will the super-even horizontal coverage not "feel" right/not let me get feedback etc.? We will see. I'll post back with follow ups if anyone seems interested.

• So far, I've tried:
    Studio Monitors: Neumann KH120. Very nice. Sounds very close to what a good mic'd amp sounds like in my studio.
    PA Speakers/Monitors: JBL Eon 10....absolutely horrible. Nowhere close to flat response. The built-in amp seems very sluggish as well...doesn't respond to nuances. Somehow managed to make nearly every profile sound like a Line 6 Spider IV. Bad, bad, bad.
    Yamaha Dxr12: Much better than the JBL. I didn't like the fact that it didn't sound very good off axis, but had a generally pleasing frequency response. As you move side to side, you hear more of the woofer or horn, depending on where you're at. This must be why people prefer coaxial wedges for this application.
    Fender Expo Pa: Bose style vertical line array on a stick. By far the best. Not necessarily the flattest system, but it just sounds "right." Gets it right up to ear level where I can hear it. The horn is a little raspy/cheap sounding; I covered it with one strip of duct tape and that did the trick. The adjustable sub level will also come in handy for adjustments to different stages and/or rooms. I got it pretty loud and didn't clip the amp. Next step is to take this to a rehearsal, then a gig (once I get everything programmed in). I am wondering how the 120 degree dispersion will play out on stage....will it bleed all over everything (vocal mics, drum mics)? Will the super-even horizontal coverage not "feel" right/not let me get feedback etc.? We will see. I'll post back with follow ups if anyone seems interested.

Welcome, Elvis. ;)
    Thanks for your evaluation.
    Although I also own two Atomic CLR, most of the time l take the Yamaha DXR 10 on stage for its small footprint and it gives me a glorious stage sound.