Finally installed RM! Some questions, requests and troubleshooting if you do not mind :)

• Hi all,

I finally upgraded my PC to W7 and was able to install RM :)

With the help of the more experienced kemperites I'd like to shed some lights on some aspects I'm not yet sure about.
    In case some of the things I'd wish to see implemented are already available please let me know!

I've numbered the list for any need :)

My doubts
    1. On my PC, all the rigs I've been collecting are structured in a tree of folders.
    Is there by any chance the possibility to import/show it in RM as is?

2. What would the meaning/use of the Cabinet Location and Amp Pickup Type columns be?
    TBH, I did not find the "Cabinet Location"and "Amp pickup type" tooltips really meaningful ;)

Troubleshooting
    3. RM correctly saw the 1345 rigs in my Profiler, but when importing it just got 1000 of them.
    I believe this is intentional, but did not find it documented nor warned about.
    How to know which rigs have not been included in the list? Is the current rigs order criterion in my Profiler the order in which RM tried to import them?

4. It seems it's not possible to increase the width of the rightmost Tab if the horizontal slidebar below the window is all its way right.

5. If I use the <Hide All Tags> option, I loose my custom settings. I'm keen to consider this a bug (at least in terms of usability): the correct (or compliant) response would be to get back to the customer's setting when reverting the option.

My wishlist!
    6. Possibility to install program and database into a custom location: my system partition is very small, and I only use it for the OS. Furthermore it's a SSD, and I'd gratefully appreciate the possibility to write on it as less as possible.

7. The possibility to choose columns' order. I can't see all the fields in a... row, and having the most meaningful (for me) by the left side would help me to get all the information at a glance and not be obliged to use the horizontal scrollbar to shift the visual.

8. It would be great if the fields which host the potentially longest texts split their contents on more lines. It doesn't appear to make too much sense to have to resize the column when you want to fully read them (Comment, for example), specially when I had to carefully place all the columns in order to see as much information as possible.

9. I'd appreciate the possibility to completely hide the Locations and/or Inspector columns rather than just resizing them. When set on again, they would ideally remember their previous size.

10. Please, allow the user to create as many subfolder levels as they need: this would also allow to import an already-existing tree structure from a computer (see above).

11. As an alternative, allow the user to create several custom tags (which would be a much smarter option: I'd gladly go through the painful process of having to convert my folders into tags once and for all if I could get a meaningful, robust and versatile tagging system).

12. Please add a Factory tag!

13. A "RE/Local Match" would be welcome! This way we'd know at a glance whether a rig is present in the RE as well.

14. Possibility to resize the columns' width in the Inspector. Currently some Tags' names are only partially shown.

15. In the Inspector Bar, the vertical slidebar is half-hidden by the window's border. If I maximize the app it goes halfway outside the screen border.
    This is probably due to my video settings: W7 SP1, Invidia video adapter, 1440 x 900, Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 940sw, Character size 150%.
    I'd wish the RM was designed to accommodate custom settings as well.

Thanks for your attention. Your opinions, suggestions on how to achieve the above or support for any feature requests will be really appreciated! :)

• RM is a cool tool and I am way better off with than without it! If there were no resources left to change anything, I'd deal with the program "as is" and be happy with it.

That being said, I hope they will improve the search and provide a function that will "save" a search as a view into a folder or something similar at some point.

The way it is set up right now, it is neither a classical hierarchical structure (like explorer) nor a full database.

I had also started a feature request thread about the UI-Hickups our dear Roman friend is describing here in detail, but nobody replied to it, so I guess the majority doesn't really care for these details.

Here are my wishes (using the Mac version for the most part):
    Ability to move the separator bar between the last column and the inspector (the mouse pointer icon already changes, so the framework knows about it).
    Adjust inspector width, so that longer tags become displayed properly.
    Adjust column order manually.
    Save these adjustments globally.
    Extended search, regular expressions, across multiple columns (name= %Mars%, Gain >3, ...)
    Save search result into view.
    User tags.
    Factory Rig tag.
    A filename tag to reference the profiles unchanged source file. Timo already dismissed that idea by saying "we don't save the filename when it is imported" - yeah then why not? - please save it into an extra column (import file name) during import. That ain't no biggie at all.

I love the ease of auditioning rigs, but the database features feel a bit cut short at this point.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• They cannot be more than two folder levels below "Local Database"

The bold is mine :)
    You can actually create as many first-generation children as you need under Local Database, each of which can have as many first-generation children as you want.

Hey guys, what's wrong? Did you run out of colours? :D

ROTFL

...You apparently missed my all-white post :D

No, seriously... the way the forum is set now makes harder to quote single paragraphs than before... Paul has chosen the most practical way to respond I guess.

... and then we are artists, so what? 8)

:D

Agreed on everything!
    Since I could not run RM with my previous OS, I had had no chance to see how it works. So I followed the related threads a bit from aside, so to speak.
    If you point me to your thread, I'll be happy to contribute.

And thanks for your warm reference :)