Ambrosi Amps' K-Power Amps - Retrofit poweramp solutions for the Lunchbox - With pictures & videos

• This. If I got it right it was related to other projects\business he then dropped.
    Of course, if a new generation of devices is going to see the light, things are due to change.

• Looks good... I'm just wondering why the transformer is soooo huge :-O

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Great to see this development is actual maturing!
    Make a 1U stereo version in an aluminium casing and I see a bright future :)

Do you mean an external case, as for the Matrix?

Looks good... I'm just wondering why the transformer is soooo huge

This is the size and the form factor of a classic, non-switching, 100 W transformer. Andrea Ambrosi thinks they sound better :)

• There are also some nice small toroidal core transformers... smaller/lighter/cheaper, maybe your amp builder can have a look on them :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• There are also some nice small toroidal core transformers... smaller/lighter/cheaper, maybe your amp builder can have a look on them :)

Do you really think an amp builder has never heard about toroidal transformers? :D

The K-Power amp has been conceived in order to multidimensionally optimize a vast array of parameters :thumbup:

• Cheaper - no.

Hm... maybe I'm too much thinking in "tube amp dimensions"... the toroidal transformers were always cheaper there (at least where I buy stuff :D).

• No, they are more expensive here in Italy. And are not smaller in all the dimensions, which would require a diagonal mounting in this case. Basically, this would make the project more complex, less solid and more expensive overall.

• You can`t have the cake and eat it too....

As it stands, it sure feels like stuffing my face with cake... :thumbup:

Other solutions were either good or cheap. This is both!

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• The short introductory video (the first of the series) is out ^^

No music example yet, but the explanation of the system and the procedure we used.

The next videos should follow more or less daily as long as Andrea cuts them.

For the whole series we kept the video quality low in order to save bandwidth, but the audio quality high.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.