Profiling a JC 120

• I'm going to profile my Roland JC120.
    I note in the KPA manual it says to turn any modulation effects off when profiling but the Roland has a very sweet stereo chorus and I'd like to capture it if possible.
    Further on in the manual it says you can profile a rotary speaker so what's the difference?
    If I bung a mic on each speaker do you reckon it'll do the job?
    Ta,
    Mike

PS I'm loving the Kemper, best thing for guitar I've ever bought, and I've had a few in me time...

• The Kemper cannot profile the chorus effect, or any other time-based effect (including room sound).

BUT, the JC-120 stereo chorus IS included in the effects already, so profile your amp, and you can add the chorus back in the Kemper :)

There is also a factory preset (and maybe a User rig or two) of the JC-120. But, if you have your amp EQed differently, it would be great to have some more rigs:)

• Pity that, I may try it anyway.

Yeah, I'll do all eq at halfway then with the distortion on at a couple of levels and make 2 or 3 profiles.
    There is a bright switch as well but it tears your head off if activated...
    I have access to a Fender, a Carlsbro! and a small Vox (all combos) knocking around somewhere as well, I'll do 'em this week sometime.

• The JC sounds best for me at all half way eq settings, it's a 1985 model.
    I have a LP and a Strat,do I make a profile with each guitar or am I misunderstanding how the Kemper works?
    Cant even remember how the Carlsbro sounds tbh but it has nice coloured knobs:)

• The Kemper cannot profile the chorus effect, or any other time-based effect (including room sound).

BUT, the JC-120 stereo chorus IS included in the effects already, so profile your amp, and you can add the chorus back in the Kemper :)

There is also a factory preset (and maybe a User rig or two) of the JC-120. But, if you have your amp EQed differently, it would be great to have some more rigs:)

This!
    I have found the Kemper's Air chorus to be the real deal when emulating the famous Roland Jazz chorus effect which indeed happens 'in the air' between one modulated and one unmodulated speaker.
    Also the factory JC rig is so good that my quest for a real JC or another attempt at profiling it has ended.
    Still I'm looking forward to what you come up with.
    :)