Copy/Paste rig from Browse to Performance

• I try to limit the number of rigs in browse-mode, and thus avoid saving duplicates with minor edits. I also try to keep factory and purchased rigs original in browse-mode so I avoid overwriting those. If I then noodle about in browse-mode, find a good rig, turn a few knobs and push some switches and hit nirvana, then I want to bring this sound into performance-mode. The intuitive way would be to hit copy when the sound is right to save a temporary snapshot, then switch to performance-mode, go to the performance/slot where I want the rig and hit paste. But copy isn't available for entire rigs in browse-mode. Having to first save the rig in browse-mode, only to go in search for it from performance-mode isn't very practical.

• It think this actually exists. If if remember well, I've done it a copule of times and it worked. Just hit Copy without being inside any menu, switch to Perfomance mode and hit paste, it should work.

• Just hit Copy without being inside any menu

Then it just pops up with a couple lines of info saying: "Copy module ... Select source" (using FW 2.7.0). Nothing happens if i then go to an empty performance/slot, enable the slot and hit paste.

Going via snapshots isn't too bad, but direct copy-paste would be even simpler.

Edited once, last by heldal ().

• Press [RIG] and then [Store to Pool].

That is for putting rigs edited in performance-mode back in the browse-pool. There's no store to pool in the rig-menu in browse-mode. The equivalent for moving information in the other direction is to use snapshots which at least shortens the list of rigs to browse through when you later search for it from performance-mode.

• If you sort your Rigs by Date, the rig you just edited will be very easy to find.

True, but that involves saving duplicates with just minor edits which tend to mess up the pool over time ... one of the things copy/paste was intended to avoid.

• ??? This is a feature request post! :D

+1 for me, unless there's a way to do it I've not yet found.

It's more than reasonable to be able to directly store a modified copy of a rig from browser mode into Performance mode.

Now that I think of it, since performance rigs are hosted in a separate memory thread, this would be one of the main available procedures: to just keep your raw/basic/reference rigs in the browser pool and then save one or more usable versions of them in a performance, ready to... perform a specific tune :)

• And why not simply use the browse knob in performance mode to retrieve a rig from the browse pool?
    Like it was intended?
    This way you keep your raw rigs in browse mode and when in PM retrieve them and adjust to taste.

A very logical workflow for me and therefore I don't understand the wish for a 'store in PM'.

• And why not simply use the browse knob in performance mode to retrieve a rig from the browse pool?
    Like it was intended?
    This way you keep your raw rigs in browse mode and when in PM retrieve them and adjust to taste.

A very logical workflow for me and therefore I don't understand the wish for a 'store in PM'.

Well, the OP clearly stated he likes to tweak certain profiles, and at times he finds that one of them has come out great, and wants to save it (and would prefer to not save it in Browser mode). He doesn't know in advance which profiles will end up in a performance, so the request makes perfect sense IMO :)

Among a lot of requests about the Profiler making coffee or tea, this is one of the ones which make most sense to me.

• Well, to each his own, I guess.
    And copying from browse to performance mode would still leave a duplicate in browse mode that would have to be deleted manually.
    Saving it in browse mode, retrieving it when in PM and deleting later in BM seems almost the same.
    Not useful for me, but we are in feature requests so it's legitimate of course.
    All I want to point out is that there's already a good workflow available (in case the OP isn't aware of this).

• Your intervention is appreciated as usual (by me at least :D ).
    Let me just note that the OP doesn't create a duplicate rig in browse mode: he wants to leave the original rig untouched, so if I got it right the procedure would be select - tweak - save in a performance - switch to another rig/discard the tweaks.
    This way he has always the same, chosen rigs in browse more and saves tweaked versions of each in several performances.
    Which makes sense, if you ask me :)
    I easily see how this doesn't meet everyone's workflow tho.