New to Kemper. Too much midrange.

• hi, I am brand new to Kemper profiler and after just connecting it for the first time I have what I feel is too much midrange from most of my profiles.
    I am using the xlr outs into a mackie 1402 mixer that are connected to a pair of qsc k8s. I do have the cab sim like I should when doing for frfr.
    Just adjusting the amps mid control does not seem like enough. I have a axe fx connected to this same mixer and get a pretty even responds in sound. So I don,t think my set up is causing it. I was wonder if any one had a suggestion or have had this same issue?
    thank you in advance.

jamie

• Not easy to answer when you say the Axe sounds decent over the same setup.
    Also I don't have any personal experience with those QSC's.
    The only thing that's for sure is that the profiler doesn't have a signature sound, it sounds exactly like the rig that was profiled.

So I'd recommend to double check that what you hear now is accurate by listening through other monitors, preferably flat studio monitors.

• If you usually use sounds with "scooped" midrange, and that sound has become "balanced" to your ears, it becomes your point of reference.

Compared to that reference sound, a traditionally mic'ed guitar amplifier, with something like an sm57 in front of the speaker, will have more mid range than you are used to hearing.

You mentioned there are some Kemper rigs that don't seem mid range heavy to you. Can you give an example?

• I am a stratplayer, and play mostly clean and breake up clean. sometimes some Mesa Dual Recto. I dont feel its to midrangey. I use Voxc AC, Fender, Morgan, Mesa, 65amps, Matchless, Koch and Reinhardt mostly Trough PA with flat EQ, it sounds as good as from my Yamaha DXR monitor.. upper mids is by the way good for cutting trough the mix

• Hi, Thanks for all the replies. The Mackie EQ is set totally flat, no inserts on the channels. No master EQ on the output.
    I have to read through the manual. I bought the unit used.
    I did restore the factory profiles. However ,I may need to reset the whole unit. Is there a master EQ on the output of the Kemper?
    I have owned one before in the past. I later sold it. So I decided to try it again. I have some high gain profiles I purchased the first time around Pete T. TAF, Top Jimi.
    I have tried a few of those and they all sound very mid- rangey and harsh. I have a set of Genelec studio monitors.I have to try through those. I also sent the signal to my room PA speakers (RCF A300) they sound about the same. Just got it last night and didn't have a lot of time to work with it. The paid presets I bought when I listen to their sound clips from them online they didn't sound harsh like this. So a bit unsure of my issue. To comment on one suggestion, I do sometime "scoop" some sounds. But I try to be very conscience of it. Anyway, I try again tonight. Any other thoughts anyone can add would be great.
    Thanks
    Jamie

• Yeah, the Axe is quite "finished" in terms of sound, the Profiler sounds like the cab with the mic in front of it. It's like putting your ear close to the cab!

I also would tend to think you might have become unaccustomed to a raw sound, but I can't know :)
    OTOH, there are several ways to tweak a sound, and once you find your perfect setting you can just save the rig (maybe with a different name).

I'd specially play with the Definition parameter (Amp section), I love how it changes the sonic spectrum; and with the parameters in the Cab setion, that can change the low and high resonance points of the cab model.