No immediate switch between rings

• I have a fcb1010 and unochip I get a too much delay when change between two rings, its no immediate switch as I get with my old pod hd. I think depend on profiler because if i switch in browsing mode press kemper button i see the delay. Can I solve this problem?

• The only thing the FCB1010 can do for delay is if the delay on the KPA is set to Tap, the Tap stomp can change the timing on the delay. The delay settings need to be changed on the rig in the delay parameters. You can also lock the effects settings to have the same settings for different rigs. Did you buy the Uno4Kemper or just the Uno chip? The Uno4Kemper chip is really plug and play for the FCB.

• The only thing the FCB1010 can do for delay is if the delay on the KPA is set to Tap, the Tap stomp can change the timing on the delay. The delay settings need to be changed on the rig in the delay parameters. You can also lock the effects settings to have the same settings for different rigs. Did you buy the Uno4Kemper or just the Uno chip? The Uno4Kemper chip is really plug and play for the FCB.

Did you ever read his post? He is talking about delay when change between two rigs, not about the delay effect :P

• I think the fastest switching between rigs is by using Performance Mode.
    I think that, in Performance Mode, all the rigs are read into memory, so the switching between them is as fast as it can be.
    I hope this helps :)
    \m/

• I think that, in Performance Mode, all the rigs are read into memory, so the switching between them is as fast as it can be.

There has been a lot of discussion about rig-cache, but I don't think the current status is documented anywhere. In performance-mode it would make sense if all rigs in the currently selected performance are pre-loaded/pre-processed. Browse-mode is a bit worse to predict. Maybe look at the MIDI-controller assignments and/or attached analogue switches and create a cache for the 5 or 10 rigs that are available at the push of a single switch. That would provide functionality similar to that of the performance-mode cache.

Maybe a Kemper representative can clarify the current caching scheme?

Edited once, last by heldal ().

• Sorry can you explain how assign rig to midi in performance mode and create this cache for fast switch.

The possible caching-scheme described above doesn't require any particular organisation of rigs in performance mode other than to make sure that rigs you need to switch fast between are located in the same performance (bank).

I'm not sure where, if, or how any cache would be implemented. All I know is that there appear to be some form of caching because loading a random rig in browse-mode takes longer than most switching with a midi-controller, an analogue switch, or manual switching between slots in a performance.

• Sorry can you explain how assign rig to midi in performance mode and create this cache for fast switch. Thanks

For full technical information on the way that the kpa handles the rigs via midi in Performance Mode, download the REFERENCE Manual from the main Kemper site. In this PDF document you can search for 'Performance Mode' and you will find how it is done with MIDI.

For advice on how a user can set Performance Mode up with Rigs loaded and use it with an FCB1010, check the Forum - I'm sure you will find threads on it - has someone done a tutorial, perhaps? If not - then perhaps someone who uses the KPA and FCB1010 live could do a Tutorial or Video guide? :)