Roll your own GRFR + FRFR speaker cabinet with the Camper 112 Plus KIT soon !

• so - first one here.

i have picked it up directly at ritter amps in dresden (germany) and talked a little with tilman about it. - very nice person indeed.

yesterday i had some spare time, so i could build it into my palmer.
    first i only tried the grfr (easy to install - only the 12" speaker) - sounded not very good / linear to me, very bassy.
    then i build in the tweeter and additional i filled the inside with a blanket - tackered around the walls - preventing the venting holes (!).
    after turning the monitor eq bass to -5 it sounds awesome. - as well the grfr and the frfr. (i prefer the frfr - postrock/clean/crunchy player)

i played it in rehearsal yesterday evening and i can hear my self very good, fat, warm, present without to turn it as loud as much as my marshall 1960 with greenbacks.

so i can only recommend getting one, if you dont have yet. :)

• So, T./Marco!

Thoughts about plugging the vent holes?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• then i build in the tweeter and additional i filled the inside with a blanket - tackered around the walls - preventing the venting holes (!).
    )

Oh, I must have misunderstood, then. Where's the blanket exactly and what is it for?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

Edited once, last by MuddyFox ().

• OK thanks!
    I'm gonna put it together stock first and take it from there...

• MuddyFox: around the inner wall (not front, not back, but left, reight, top, bottom) - the reason why i did it, was just a feeling, that the bass response is more dry.

Okay. Some things happen after doing this:
    - You kill some reflections.
    - You decrease the spl max with that.
    - You increase the virtual volume. -> increases lower frequencies a little bit

But it´s okay, if the cab sounds good for your ears.

• Mine seems to have got lost by DHL or Parcel Force UK :(

DHL tracking says it arrived in the UK yesterday at 05:40.
    DHL only have batch consignment details to say it arrived, not individual parcel numbers.
    ParcelForce say the batch consignment 5038 arrived but my parcel was NOT in it!

I have been told if it does not show on ParcelForce tracking tomorrow I need to get the sender to chase with DHL !! Argghhh....

Steve

• Mine seems to have got lost by DHL or Parcel Force UK :(

DHL tracking says it arrived in the UK yesterday at 05:40.
    DHL only have batch consignment details to say it arrived, not individual parcel numbers.
    ParcelForce say the batch consignment 5038 arrived but my parcel was NOT in it!

I have been told if it does not show on ParcelForce tracking tomorrow I need to get the sender to chase with DHL !! Argghhh....

MIA :(

Steve

• Thanks to Tilman for contacting DHL things appear to be happening. It would seem that it didn't get dispatched from Koln to UK on time, tracking is now updated correctly and it made it over here :)

• I can agree.

I tested the box yesterday and indeed it is VERY bassy. I had to turn down the Bass and Mids to -3 and -2 to get rid of the boominess and to clear the sound.

After that the sound is great. I used a 4x12 Cab before and this little thing is as loud as the large cab. The sound is very crisp, differentiated and compact. Even my bandmates were excited about it.

• I'm not surprised that you guys are finding it super bassy if you previousy used 4x12 cabs. From memory a typical 4x12 starts rolling off very sharply around 150Hz and will be 15-20dB down by the low E on a guitar. So if the C+ kit is flat down to 70Hz then a rig tuned for a 4x12 will naturally have waaaaaaaay to much bass :thumbup:

Edited once, last by Eru ().

• Well, here is a a problem that occur often when you change from one FRFR box for a new one. You use you tweeked profiles (with your older cab) with your new cab and boom too much of bass not enough of mids etc. The best way is to compare the new cab with a good studio monitor, not with your older cab which was most probably not especially flat itself. Or you can also choose somme untweeked profiles (from M Britt for example) which has the reputation to be very thru.

Maybe you're right and the C+ kit is too much bassy, but maybe it was your older cab that lack of bass and if it's the case then you will have to tweek all your profiles and not apply a general EQ to this cab.

• Well, here is a a problem that occur often when you change from one FRFR box for a new one. You use you tweeked profiles (with your older cab) with your new cab and boom too much of bass not enough of mids etc. The best way is to compare the new cab with a good studio monitor, not with your older cab which was most probably not especially flat itself. Or you can also choose somme untweeked profiles (from M Britt for example) which has the reputation to be very thru.

Maybe you're right and the C+ kit is too much bassy, but maybe it was your older cab that lack of bass and if it's the case then you will have to tweek all your profiles and not apply a general EQ to this cab.

I only use untweaked mbritt profiles. - and IT IS very very bassy.

I also have the yamaha dxr10 for some days now and the palmer kit sounds way more bassy.