Rigs with Gain at zero?

• Hi all, I'm looking for some more clean-on-the-verge-of-breaking-up rigs. Does anyone use the rigs that have their preset gain at zero and crank them a little? BTW, does anyone use rigs with the gain remaining at zero?

• Unless you have high output pickups, Zero gain rigs will not be on the verge of breakup. Try sorting your Profiler's rigs by the Gain column in Rig Exchange, and you can get an idea how many "gain bars" give you that kind of sound.

Then, you can sort for the same number of "gain bars" in Rig Exchange to find more rigs, if you are still looking after you hear the Profiler's rigs.

• Hi all, I'm looking for some more clean-on-the-verge-of-breaking-up rigs. Does anyone use the rigs that have their preset gain at zero and crank them a little? BTW, does anyone use rigs with the gain remaining at zero?

Yes to both your questions :)

I use a lot of clean but chuncky sounds, and raising the gain knob by 1-3 lines m ay offer good sounds, depending on the application and the rig you're using,.
    Also, do not underestimate adding a distortion pedal to a clean sound, or a booster to a rig whose gain is set at 1-3 lines.
    How much a rig distorts will depend on how high your PUs output and on your distorted Sense setting :)

HTH

• Yes I do!

The Bogner Shiva clean by r.u.sirius from RE has gain at ZERO. I use it that way and sometimes turn the gain up or put a dirt box (physically) in front of it!

Love this one!

90% of the game is half-mental.