Power amp to 4ohm bass cab

• So I remember somewhere on here someone mentioned that there will be a wonderful feature enabling us monitor the Wattage, prevent us maxing out the power amp on the power rack when plugged into a 4ohm speaker or even a 2 etc... for those of us who play bass live.

Is this still happening?

• Should it not happen, with a little care the rig you describe should be usable nevertheless. The Kemper Poweramp is not going to be damaged anyway, it would just got muted for a few seconds so with a little experience I believe it would be mostly usable.

HTH

• I know I just really want everything 100% on the safe zone. I'm considering linking my bass cabs in series so I get 16ohm then I know I'm fine. I know it's not the done thing but, it should work fine :)

I'm mainly concerned for when I turn up to gigs I cab share so any 4 ohm cab I have to play around. I just want it to work with zero danger.

• Just keep in mind that there's no danger of breaking anything!

Also, if the output power @ 8 ohm is 600 W, you'll have more power @ 4 ohm (unless the power section\transformer is hardly limited by design), so you won't need to go up with the volume as much as you would with a higher-ohmage cab at the same SPL.

HTH

• ?
    As I wrote, If your request exceeds the available voltage the amp outputs, it will go into protection (mute) for 1-2".

Experiment with your loudest bass and your loudest patch (better a clean one) to see at which Master Volume setting this happens, so you'll know for sure... and forever (with that bass and that patch).

You'll not break anything, as long as the cabs are not overdriven :)