Kemper reliability

• After my year old toaster died the other night I posted on another site to see if anyone could help me restart it.

I was a little surprised at the amount of replies I received from other owners where their units had died in a similar fashion, some after only three months.

Im now a little unsettled about the reliability of these, and a little miffed considering the cost of them.

Any thoughts?

• When you say it died what exactly do you mean? There obviously may be other things but most of what I've seen posted is the LED's dying, the machine not booting up (which happened to me) but the fix was putting the bios file in the root of the USB and it came up and fixed it....some volume issues.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Dead as a dodo. No power, no lights, nothing.
    I tried a "tested" working power lead, tried all the reset options. Left it unplugged for 30 mins, switched on while holding the rig button and it fired up - for 5 mins then died again. Left it unplugged all night but nothing this time.

• Did you start a support ticket? They get back fairly quick. I am not familiar with that happening, but I haven't read through every post either. I can tell you my experience for over two years has been positive with a few glitches, but it has never died on me as you described. See if they can get you fixed or a replacement.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• If you're pretty computer savvy, I'd check to make sure all the cards are fully seated. This has been know to happen on occasion when folks bump then around in transportation.

Safest route is to start a support ticket as stated above.

• Thanks Fellas. Luckily Andertons are going to sort it out under warranty so I don't want to go diving in there.

Pretty typical though, the day before I was bigging it up to my friend them poof!