Running a Kemper with external pedals + external stereo fx (midi) - how to route and control it all?

• Hi,

I want to know if this is possible, and how I would go about doing it. I want to use a Fractal FX-8 alongside a Kemper and get the benefits of both Fractal and Kemper FX, with Kemper amps (and also some analog overdrive and fuzz pedals).

The FX8 has a "four cable" setup, so I believe I can go from my guitar -> some analog fuzz/od pedals (rjm mini effects gizmo so they can be turned on/off via midi) -> FX8's "Pre" section, mono-out ->Kemper input -> Kemper Stompbox Effects -> Kemper Amp/Cabinet-> Kemper effects loop send into FX8 "Post" section Mono in -> Stereo FX8 effects -> Stereo Out into Kemper (not sure how I would connect a stereo fx loop return) -> Kemper Stereo Effects -> Kemper Outs. Is this correct, and if so how do I connect the Stereo FX return to the Kemper?

Will it be possible to sync up the Mini Effects Gizmo, FX8 and the Kemper all to a single midi controller like the Kemper foot controller? Or to also have a computer send midi messages out to both units so that switching is sequenced automatically along with some backing tracks/clicks? How would I connect all of this?

Just wondering the possibility of uniting both Fractal and Kemper and getting the best of both worlds?