Wah goes almost silent / no volume at toe

• Hi gang:

KPA worked fine with Boss EV-5 expression pedal and home made double switch box.

We packed everything up then set up in a new location. Now on 2.7.4 public beta, don't remember if Wah worked after this update - don't think I used the pedal.

Yesterday trying the wah - pedal at heel sounds fairly normal, but as pedal goes to toe with the wah the volume goes to near zero.

Switching to a pedal phaser or other - no problem. Using pedal as volume - no problem initially - now that I've tried swapping pedal inputs and tried changing settings the volume doesn't work either.

Any thoughts???

Best,

Ron

Edited once, last by rmesic ().

• It was set to on, the effect isn't bypassing the wah, but sucking the gain down to very near zero.

Fired up the Kemper to check calibration and now it works normally - this is going to need some further investigation... but for now I'm calling it a day!

• Good plan:)

Intermittent issues are the worst! When you had this problem, was the Kemper already turned on when you plugged the pedal in? It may be preferable for it to be connected when you power up.

While you are troubleshooting, sweep the pot on the side of it up and down a few times, and clean the 1/4" plug on the EV-5 cable before you power up again. Maybe it has become tarnished.

• Odd. Wah worked normally in one patch but does the improper silent at toe trick when I try to add a wah to a different profile.

Did the re-initialize, no joy. Didn't expect that to be an issue since the pedal works on other things like volume or pitch.

• Here are two "Master of the Obvious" suggestions :)

Since the Wah is working in one Rig, compare the two wah settings. You can Save the working wah as a new Preset, and load it into the problem Rig. Or, just "Copy" the working wah, and "Paste" it into the wah slot of the problem Rig.

But, If the wah settings are already the same, or very similar to each other, check to see if something else in the problem rig is also pedal-controlled.

• I very much appreciate your assistance - even "master of the obvious" suggestions help double check my troubleshooting.

I'm an engineer and no stranger to computer building, programming and electronics... sometimes I think deeper than the actual problem.

Still - the Kemper is not working like it used to work and it is driving me crazy... I don't use Wah on everything but darn it I want it where I want it when I want it!

• Grr...

User error.

Selecting a Wah to add to a profile using the right knob works... selecting from the left knob - you get a default pedal range setting that makes the filter go hypersonic.

It was just a problem with the default Wah settings.