Using Kemper with Combo amps with effects loop - Fender Mustang/Champion, Line 6 spider valve etc

• Also keep in mind that you cannot switch off cabs on both monitor and direct out. This way you won't get satisfactory results.
    I would ditch the stereo monitoring completely unless you are using two FRFR cabs and keep cabs on.

Thanks for adding this important fact, Ingolf. I forgot about it.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hi all,

Thank you for all your inputs and tips.

This weekend I tested my Kemper on Mustang 3, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and 3 active monitors.

I liked all the sounds, but the on Mustang (Kemper -> Main out into FX return on mustang) how can I use the Power section only since in the main knob you still can change the Amp type ?
    I tried to turn it off but don´t know if it´s possible.

Thank you

• Using the FUSE software you can place the return directly before the Power section..

• Thank you so much Ingolf.
    And you can save the preset after that right ? a Preset with only the Power Section of the Mustang.

I only wanted to use the Power Section of the mustang when I am using the Kemper as Pre Amp, without any amp selected on Mustang.

I think I understand right, right ? :whistling:

• Thank you so much Ingolf.
    And you can save the preset after that right ? a Preset with only the Power Section of the Mustang.

I only wanted to use the Power Section of the mustang when I am using the Kemper as Pre Amp, without any amp selected on Mustang.

I think I understand right, right ? :whistling:

No need to save, it's a config thing. When the Mustang's return is placed directly before its poweramp it doesn't matter what amp model you have chosen.

• Just gonna report that I'm using my Mustang III V2 with the kemper and getting great results.
    I first tried to change the return fx loop to looper mode but that made everything sound extremely muddy for some reason so I switched it back to the original setting where it goes thru the amp/cab section.
    I ended up changing the amp to studio preamp, and turned the cabs off in the amp setting.
    Now almost everything sounds great. Hard to believe all these different sounds come out of the same combo lol.

Cheers

• Je suis très surpris par le Mustang... Il sonne plus "vrai" dans cette vidéo...

Avez vous toujours la même opinion sur cet ampli après deux ans ?

Avant d'acheter le kemper, j'utilisais une enceinte avec un seul speaker 12" (Eminence Governor) sur un ampli H&K Grandmeister

Peut etre qu'avec cette solution, je serais plus à l'aise qu'avec la EV ZLX 12P, qui est parfois très bonne et parfois très mauvaise (selon le rig)

----

I am very surprised by the Mustang ... It sounds more "real" in this video ...

Do you still have the same opinion on this amp, two years later ?

Before buying the Kemper , I used a single speaker enclosure with a 12 "( Eminence Governor ) on an amp H & K Grandmeister

Maybe with this solution , I would be more comfortable, because with my EV ZLX 12P , the sound is sometimes good and sometimes very bad (depending on rig )