Roalnd QUAD Capture no sound on SPDIF.

• Hey guys, I can't get this to work. I've set the output to Git Studio, also tried Master Stereo and others. SPDIF output volume is around -4db. and everything seems to be correctly setup on the Kemper side. BUT

I cant set the Roland quad clock to external. Sample rate is set at 44.1 kHz but the clock is always fixed to Internal. I have no sound whatsoever.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/io7t2m9.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/uB4MbuL.jpg]

• I have the quadcapture and I know for a fact that spdif works just fine. 8)

I'll be home in about an hour and will take a look at my settings.

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• In the meantime, about the clock. I'm pretty sure the Kemper needs to be the clock master. Meaning that you won't be able to switch the clock source to external no matter what.

Also, do you get any signal into headphones plugged into Roland's headphone input and mix and output pots set at, say, half?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Yes, the heaphone out works fine on the interface. I tried plugging in my guitr straight into the input and I get a nice dry signal through headphones. I'm also using it as my main sound card at the moment.

• Me too. ;)

So what I'm gathering is that Kemper is outputting perfectly via spdif and your Quad is picking it up nicely. Also, Quad inputs work fine. Therefore, there must be something in your pc driver settings that is preventing you to get the signal through to your DAW.
    Have you tried another usb cable or plugging it into a different usb port? Sounds like grasping at straws but sometimes it's just due to some generic pc weirdness. :S

• It might be, but my outputs in Control panel are set to 3-4 which stands for SPDIF and I get nothing. I didn't connect the kpa to the quad in any other way than Spdif and analog inputs seem to work on the Quad but I don't need them. :D

• I got same audio box, here is my setup :

I bypass 1 & 2 inputs ( no color graph like yours )

coax is about 3 o' clok ( lower right pot )

clock internal - sample rate 44 kHz

regarding the driver : digital out wave 3 & 4
    digital in auto

be sure to swap input & return cable once if you still got no sound , I plug my kpa blindly and swap the cables until I get some sound ( yes It's really a dirty method )

• Hey, glad you sorted it out! I was just about to comment that your settings of channels 1 and 2 have very little to do with the spdif. :whistling:

I don't remember any other screens to the Quad software other than the two you have up there so I don't know which checkbox you're referring to but it really doesn't matter at this point.
    Rock on! :thumbup:

Also, I see no reason to attenuate your spdif signal to -4dB. Even at 0dB, I never found it to be too hot for any pc DAW.

• If this like the Octa-Capture I used, the auto setting detects whether the SPDIF in has a master coming in and automatically switches the clock to external. To test it, turn off the KPA and watch the clock master switch to internal; turn it back on and it switches back to external. Nice little feature!

Cheers,

jayson