Stereo FX loop problems

• Hi Guys,
    I'm pretty new here. Just got my Kemper Rack in and I have 2 little problems. I'm trying to setup a stereo fx loop. In the manual I've found that I have to use the direct out and the monitor out. The direct out is going to my Strymon Timeline left input and the monitor out is going to the right input. In the output section on the KPA the monitor output and the direct output are both set to Git+Processing. But, the monitor output sends a clean guitar to the pedals on the pedalboard. Can you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong? The X-slot has the stereo loop on it.

After trying several things, a problem started, like there is a noise gate on it. I think the ducking thing is the problem. I've tried setting it to -5 and than back to zero, but that didn't help yet. When I play I don't hear anything and when I stop, I can hear the timeline repeats. :S I'm confused. Any ideas on this one?

Thank you guys.

Kind regard,
    Roy

• I was wondering about this as well. I recently started using my H9 in the stereo loop. Right now I'm running mono send and stereo return, but I did read a post about setting up in stereo using the monitor out. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

• You have to connect it like this:
    Kemper Direct Output/Send -> Strymon Input
    Strymon Left Output -> Kemper Return Input
    Strymon Right Output -> Kemper Alternative Input

Stereo Loop in X or Mod-position is fine.
    If you did all of the above, the direct output in the output menu should show Git+processing.

//Edit: Why would you use the monitor output as a second send? That doesn't make any sence as there is no stereo signal in the Kemper before the X-slot!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Thnx for the replies.
    I've read somewhere that thats the way it was supposed to be. Mono out and stereo return sounds logical. Maybe one day we can choose 2 rigs or two cabs/mics and use the monitor out as a real stereo fx loop
    anybody an idea on the ducking? I Can't seem to turn the ducking off. Could this be a bug? In that case, should I report it somewhere?

• You can't use two rigs at the same time. Well, at least if you don't own two Kempers. :D Look here to see more: http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…o-Amps-Effects-questions/

Also keep in mind, that stereo effects like the Strymon Timeline don't offer two independent channels. They interact with each other. E.g. if you send a signal to the left input only while having both inputs hooked up, there will be a delayed sound on the left and right side. Of course the one on the right side is far more subtle.

Turn ducking to <0.0>, that's the off-position ;)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Thnx for the replies.
    I've read somewhere that thats the way it was supposed to be. Mono out and stereo return sounds logical. Maybe one day we can choose 2 rigs or two cabs/mics and use the monitor out as a real stereo fx loop
    anybody an idea on the ducking? I Can't seem to turn the ducking off. Could this be a bug? In that case, should I report it somewhere?

If you take your output from main output make sure you have set Main Output to Master Stereo in Output settings (not Delay/Reverb wet) - maybe this is your Issue.