RM folder under MAC OSx: Symbolic.Link -How to???

• Dear comrades!
    Please assist on symbolic links creation under MAC OSx in order to move (and keep) RM folder to my place.

Normally i use this command (and it works perfectly):
    sudo ln -s "/Volumes/MyHDD/Logic" "/Library/Application Support/Logic"

But the Kemper RM link must be created under “user” path (not the system directory). I tried all of this without success:

sudo ln -s "/Volumes/MyHDD/KEMPER/RigManager” “~/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager”

sudo ln -s "/Volumes/MyHDD/KEMPER/RigManager” ~“/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager”

sudo ln -s "/Volumes/MyHDD/KEMPER/RigManager” “/Users/user0/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager”

sudo ln -s "/Volumes/MyHDD/KEMPER/RigManager” “/home/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager”

What is wrong with syntax?
    I appreciate your assistance.
    Thanks.

PS:
    Finally i was able to proceed the command. Thanks to community, always good to have nice people on the forum.
    Under OSx we can move and keep RM folder to the destination of our wish:

sudo ln -s '/Volumes/MyHDD/KEMPER/RigManager' '/Users/user0/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager'

• Assuming you want a symbolic link in "/Volumes/MyFolder" to point to your RigManager folder you have the order of the arguments mixed up. Target of the link first, then the path you want for the symbolic link.

• Assuming you want a symbolic link in "/Volumes/MyFolder" to point to your RigManager folder you have the order of the arguments mixed up. Target of the link first, then the path you want for the symbolic link.

Nop. My order is correct, because i’ve succeed creating links for other programs, but without relative path involved. You could check it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link Now it is related to user folders, thus relative path involved. I’m about to try it without relative path.

• I see what you are trying to do now - you want to keep your Rig Manager folder somewhere else. I agree with you about the order then.

Have you tried, instead of the quotes, to tab your way to the correct paths to make sure they're correct? Skip the quotes and start typing:

Code
    sudo ln -s /Volumes/MyH

.. and tab, continuing down the folders you want.

Same with the second argument, start with:

Code
    sudo ln -s /Volumes/MyHDD/KEMPER/RigManager ~/Library/Ap

.. and tab. Type the start of the next folder and tab. And so on.

If that still doesn't work: are you getting an error message? What shell are you in?

• Did you try the tabbing that I described?

Yes. I did.
    Thank you for talking to me)
    You gave me a nice advice regarding checking to path. First part works fine, the path is correct: "/Volumes/MyHDD/KEMPER/RigManager” 

The correct path for beginning of second part is:
    “/Users/user0/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps”
    Or
    “~/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps” 

But after that, very strange and idiotic problem appears:
    There is no way the OS can see “RigManager” folder under “Kemper Amps” folder. The path: “~/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager” 
    Returns: “no such a file or directory”. It drives me crazy.

I already hate Yosemite and really thinking to return back to 10.8.5

• Use the full path: '/Users/user0/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager' and it should work.

Yes it does. But i had some very strange behavior before i was able to proceed:Copy-paste into Commander does NOT work. I had to delete the very last symbol (which is quote) and type it by hands. Otherwise it will report: no file or directory.
    Thanks.

I love Yosemite :thumbup::cursing:?(<XX(

• Great to hear that it worked for You!
    I know that copy/pasting from web pages sometimes can be a hit or miss, due to sometimes you get some html formatting tagged along with the test...