Possibly future Kemper owner - convince me

• Hi all, I am new to the Kemper world. I am not an owner yet, but am considering it. I currently own a complete Axe FX II Mark II rig with MFC-101 foot controller. The main issue that I have with it is that I seem to be constantly "tweaking" it to get the tone I am after. From what I am reading on this forum, the Kemper is "plug and play" as the profiled amps are exact sound copies of the amplifier/cabinet/mike. Am I correct in my thinking? So I ask for replies to convince me to sell my Axe FX rig and go Kemper. Are there any other users out there who recently switched from an Axe FX to a Kemper? I would be really interested in hearing your opinions. Also, how do the stomp effects sound? Good quality? Are there any issues if say I am playing live and want to switch a profile? Any cons to going with a Kemper? Sorry for all the questions, but I really want to make an informed decision. I am strongly leaning towards the Kemper based on my research, but would like to hear from current owners/users. Thanks!

• Oh oh! I smell a KPA vs AFX coming on!

So I will keep it brief. I recently changed from Axefx II to Kemper, haven't looked back yet. I plug in like an amp, it looks like an amp, it sounds like an amp, it feels like an amp.

I'm not a big effects user but I've been happy with what I have used, they 'seem' crapper because you can't tweak as many things but I'm not convinced they're sonically that inferior.

• TBH, in order to get more meaningful and useful opinions I believe you should rather ask those who have gone the Axe route. I'm serious :)
    What's the use to ask things to someone that actually prefers the Profiler? :huh:

:)

• I am a recent Axe (Ultra) to Kemper converter. [see my introduction thread]. That being said (like a bazillion times), they both are awesome rigs. The difference I find is exactly what you're stating and why I did switch.The AxeFx is a Ultra tweaker (pun intended). Takes a while to get a good sound but when you do.. :D .
    Using the Kemper, I found I was able to get great sounds quicker (and with a few dials vs up/down/left/right/next menu).
    Again, once you have that great Axe sound, move it over to the Kemper! On the road, fiddling with a few knobs to get the venue matched up is much faster on the Kemper. My set lists are pretty much fixed so it's not like I'm creating new patches 10 minutes beforehand. We're lucky to get 10 minutes to setup.
    As a bonus,,, any bands we do play with I could potentially swipe their amp/rig!

I don't think you will be disappointed with the Kemper but again, YMMV and ultimately, what are you looking to gain? As I said in my intro thread, Fractal stopped supporting the Ultra and I was stuck with whatever amps was left in the factory settings and they moved on to the XL. The Kemper keeps my amp database unlimited. Good luck. Neither suck and it really depends on what you need and don't forget about probably needing a new pedalboard/Remote. I'm just re-purposing my FCB1010 to be Kemper worthy.

C