Kemper Remote vs PODHD500X

• Hi folks, we gonna finally get the Kemper remote here in Canada in the next couple of weeks, right now I am using the PODHD500X as the midi footswitch, my question is do I need to spend the $600 plus Canadian to get the Kemper Remote ? is there anything on it that I can do that I can't do with my podhd500 ? any and all input are greatly appreciated. thanks for your time. Cheers. Ed

• Hi Ed, i think the quick way to an answer is to compare the discription of the kemeper footcontroller to your switch options with the pod. I have never seen a guy using a pod for switching the kemper. I have nearly the same problem. I use a Behringer Fbc 1010 with a Uno4 kemper chip. Works great. but the new kemper controller looks so pretty ...............so i will give my board away when the new controller is availible here

• I use a 500HD myself and the only advantage I see with the Remote is the size and the fact that it doesn't need a powersupply. the downside is that I need an extra expressionpedal...the advantage with the 5000HD is that it could be used as a backup in an emergency when playing live...but personally I think I'd rather cancel the gig than use the pod with the patches I have in mine.. :thumbdown: ...
    with all that said..I'm expecting my Remote to arrive in a couple of weeks..guess I just want a new toy..