Recording from Kemper Profiler

• Hello,
    I have connected my Kemper Power Head to a recording console via the Main Outputs to the track inputs of the mixer/recorder as recommended by Kemper tech support. The Kemper's speaker out is connected to a 4x12 cabinet. My question is as follows: I cannot achieve adequate input gain in the recorder without turning up the Main volume on the Kemper, and doing so obviously increases the db's excreted by the 4x12. Therefore, is there any way to defeat the Kemper's speaker output, short of disconnecting the cable going to the speaker cabinet for each recording session?
    Thank you in advance. ?(

• Check your Output settings (press and hold 'Output')

There are separate output volume controls there, and you can link or unlink them from the Master Volume.

Hopefully that will help, but there are others here who might have more insight.

• Thank you.
    I looked there, but couldn't find a reference to the speaker output volume or the Main output volume but I will have another look. However, if there is a volume adjustment for the Main Output would that also have a direct effect on the speaker output?

• Monitor output controls the power amp section volume and the monitor outs volume.
    Main output has its own volume settings in output.

Unlock them (if locked) set the main output to the correct level for your console.
    Set the monitor output to the correct level for your 4x12
    Then lock them.

Always lock them again - otherwise some profiles may mess your settings up. Make a note of your settings and always check them after a firmware update, they seem to alter them as well!

Steve