Merge KPA's Midi In Data With KPA's Midi Out Possible?

• I know it's been suggested by many including me, but does anyone know if it would even be possible for the KPA developers to implement in a future firmware, a midi merge of the KPA's incoming midi in signal, to the KPA's midi out port? If this is theoretically possible, I can wait for it to be implemented, if not, I'll start looking for a midi merge box and Y cable solution.

I'm using the FCB1010 to the midi in of my KPA, to control everything. patch/perfomance changes, expression pedals, ect. I also have a Eventide H9 plugged into the KPA's midi out. With this setup and the current v3.0 firmware, I can at least program the KPA's performances to switch patches on my H9, but I cannot use the two Expression pedals on the FCB1010 to control the H9, because even though that midi information is sent to the midi in of the KPA, it is not sent to the midi out of the KPA. Only the patch changes from each performance are sent to the KPA's midi out.

The other plan would be to put a Midi Y cable on the KPA end of the midi cable from my FCB1010 and input one into the KPA midi in and the other midi plug into one of the inputs of a Midi Solutions Midi Merge Box. Then send the midi out from the KPA into the other midi in of the merge box. The single merge box midi out would then connect to my H9 in. This setup should give me the performance patch changes sent from the KPA plus the midi sent by the FCB1010 merged into the midi in of the H9.

I'd much prefer to avoid this extra cabling. If the KPA could possibly do this in the future.

Edited 2 times, last by davec69 ().