Main Output volume with active speakers

• I have connected the KPA Powerhead's Main Outputs to a Dangerous Music Source device's input and its speaker Outputs to a pair of Focal CMS 65's whose volume controls are at maximum. The speakers are set at +4 db and all connections are balanced. In addition, the Kemper's Main Outputs are unlinked and the volume is set to maximum as well. My question relates to the fact that I cannot seem to achieve adequate volume from the speakers unless I set the DMS's volume control at the 3 o'clock position. And assuming that the DMS's volume control is linear, that doesn't appear to leave a lot for further increase in output. My suspicion is that the issue relates to the Kemper's output, since the DMS's throughput is allegedly passive. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions in this regard?
    Thank you in advance.

• I would try connecting the KPA main outs directly to the active speakers using your existing balanced cables. Be sure to lower KPA master volume (upper knob on front) before turning it on. If that works and you get good volume as you turn up the KPA master knob, you can rule out the monitors and the KPA. If it is still too quiet, you will confirm that it is not the Dangerous Music Source box that is the problem, and you can focus on either the KPA, the monitors, or cables.

For comparison I have a pair of 200 watt active monitors which are similar to yours, connected direct to non-powered Kemper XLR master outs and it's loud enough to practice with when the master volume is at 1.0 (out of 10). If I had my windows open, my neighbors would clearly hear it. It the wife is downstairs she complains it's too loud.

• Hi DigitalBlues,
    Thank you for your input.

I believe that I have solved the volume issue and it appears to have been a Kemper setting. I had turned the cabinet simulation off for the rigs that I normally use
    due to the fact that it had been connected to a 4x12 guitar cabinet. In doing so, it turned off the rig's internal amplifier volume setting. When I went into the settings page for the rigs that I use and turned the cabinet simulation back on for the Focals, the amp volume once again became an available setting and I was able to increase same to achieve a decent level, but I still have to set the monitor controller's volume level to 50% of max to get a good audition volume but, then again, the Focal CMS65 is 100watts as opposed to your 200W and your monitors may be more efficient than mine. As an aside, my older ears may also enter into the equation but, then again, i hear things that others do not.
    Thanks again.