Direct Profiles issue

• Hello!
    This is my first post on the forum :) I got my Kemper 2 weeks ago and I am VERY happy with it!!

However I tried to make some direct profiles from my Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister and the result I get is aweful sounding, very fizzy, unatural, thin...

I tried everything, I pluged everything correctly, used a Behringer DI100, with and without the -20db pad, checked and unchecked the "no cabinet" box in the profiler, changed cables... no matter what, it doesn't sound the way it should one played again through my 1x12 guitar cab.

Any suggestion? I also removed any power reduction and noise gate on the amp... I'm running out of ideas.

:(

• Hi Casper777

Do you have a battery installed in the Behringer DI100?
    Just had the same issue myself, but using a Behringer Ultra-G.
    Turned Out I didn't have the battery hooked up (thought it was a passive thing as long as I didn't use the speaker emulation)...
    Put the battery to work, and the profile turned out fine...

• What are you monitoring through? If it is not a guitar cab, you should add a cab from within the KPA when monitoring a direct profile.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• DUH!!!

I forgot to switch the box to battery mode!!!! thought that the battery was detected automatically.... ;(

Sorry guys!

What an entry on the forum for my first post!!!

Thanks by the way!!