Weight In Gold

• Hey all. Me and my friend recorded a song together on my Kemper. I'm still getting to grips with compression and EQing. I mainly used it on EQ on Bass and snare and kick drum, so I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

Hey all. Me and my friend recorded a song together with my Kemper. This is only the second song I've recorded and the first I haven't finished yet, but I feel I'm having more success with this one.

I'm still getting to grips with compression and EQing and I mainly used EQ on the Bass, snare and kick drum, so I'd be interested in your thoughts on that. I also used trial and error with compression as I'm still not fully sure how to use it. I used a factory setting on the Output bus as I'm not 100% sure how to use a limiter, and someone told me about a trick to make the mix louder by bouncing it to a new file and increasing the volume. I did do this, but I'm not sure about how wise it is to do this; to my ears it sounds okay.

Anyway. Any thoughts on the mix, EQing and compression would be awesome! Thanks for reading!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by PhilUK84 ().