WEB-panels for status and control

• In recent firmware there is a web-panel that seem to display the status of a KFC. I'd like to see this expanded upon with web-apps for status and control. It's increasingly common to have both wired and wireless networking on stage and in studios where desktop, laptops, tablets or smartphones are available to display and/or edit information on the KPA. For stage-use with 3rd-party midi-controllers or simple foot-switches it would be particularly useful to have a good display of the status of the KPA. The current webpanel party fits the bill as a status-display, but one would prefer something more compact without the footswitch-bits for a display going onto a micstand-mounted smartphone or tablet. The current panel shows the rig-name as well as stomp-status in browse-mode. In performance-mode it is IMHO less useful as it doesn't say much about the status of the stomps. I'd prefer a web-panel that is a more complete view that contain the same level of detail as the entire KPA front-panel.

Background: connecting my KPA (3.0.2 10951) to my local LAN I discovered that it acquires an IP-address from the DHCP-server and presents a web-server on port 80. A browser pointed at this address gets redirected to a live document representing a KFC status-panel (javascript) that is continuously updated with changes about stomp-status and performance/rig switching.

http://[KPA-ip-address]/kfc_webpanel.min.html

A compact web-panel that combine the information in the current displays in browse and performance-mode without the KFC switches would go a long way towards something I'd be happy to have in front of me on a tablet or smartphone. An ideal solution would be to combine the web-panel with a simple tablet/phone app that wraps a browser-widget and code to scan the local network for active KPA(s). This solution keeps most of the complexity inside the KPA (web-panel) with a minimum of device-specific app coding, while also being available for use in standard web-browsers. With display-functionality in place this could later expand to some sort of editor and possibly integrate with the rig-manager.

Screenshots of the current webpanel in browse and perf-mode are attached.