MIDI Program Change numbers randomly changing in KPA rack!

• hi my kpa forumites,
    i have another thread open right now about some of the problems i was having with my Liquid Foot 12+. there is another problem i'm having that didn't pertain to the LF12+ so i thought that i would create another thread for this. maybe some of you have the same problem.

i've assigned MIDI Prg Chg numbers to 7 different rigs right now but these numbers keep changing randomly as i go from rig to rig. this is causing my Midi foot controller to skip over certain rigs at different times. there's no way i can take this out on a gig right now with this happening. i'm also noticing that the program change numbers are sometimes not being displayed in the lower right hand corner of the display next to the name of the rig. for instance, sometimes the little number 1 is displayed next to the rig name and sometimes it isn't. is my KPA defective or is there some setting that's causing this to happen? here's a video that shows what's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqF33D9xHww&feature=youtu.be

• I responded to the other thread DOH!

From the video take one extra step and change the midi PC# knob to PC#2. That will then show you what is assigned to PC#2. Then you can hit the assign button in the top right corner and the current rig will be assigned to that PC#.

sean

• I gave a very quick look to your second video.
    I think the solution is quite simple: after assigning the midi program change, you have to save the rig.
    If you scroll through the rigs without saving, you loose all the changes you have done.
    I hope this helps. :)

• I gave a very quick look to your second video.
    I think the solution is quite simple: after assigning the midi program change, you have to save the rig.
    If you scroll through the rigs without saving, you loose all the changes you have done.
    I hope this helps. :)

hi rothko61. i was hoping that it was something this simple but i just tried saving each of these rigs and it's still happening as i scroll back through them :( just to be clear- i'm setting the midi program change numbers, hitting "assign". i then hit exit, then "store" and "replace" since i just want to overwrite the existing rig

• Thre is the possibility that you assigned multiple program change messages to the same rig (in this case, on the Browse page the MIDI number only shows the first assignment) and this could cause your problems.
    I would try this:

1) First of all backup your KPA

2) Remove all MIDI assignments as follows:

• Power off the Profiler;
    • Hold the Quick button down and keep it pressed;
    • Turn the Profiler on;
    • Release the Quick button when Initializing MIDI list appears on the display.

3) Then, while you're on the desired rig, press Rig (not System) and scroll till the MIDI page, then use the first knob under the screen to select the desired number and press Assign to confirm.

4) Save each rig every time.

Let me know if it works. (if not, start praying your god, if any) :D

• That is indeed strange. Can you open a support ticket and attach a backup of your Profiler, please?
    The last conclusion ("it is assigned now to program change 4") is wrong, since the "current program change index" isn't changed if you browse through rigs that are not assigned.
    But that 02 isn't assigned anymore, is somehow wrong. As said, open a ticket and attach a backup, that'll help to reproduce (and possibly fix) the issue.

• thanks for your help guys!

it looks like the KPA rack is playing nicely with my liquid foot 12+ and the LF is triggering the correct preset. hopefully it will continue to work and i don't have a surprise in the middle of a gig ;)

• great news from timo:

"Hi Jack,

I was able to reproduce and fix the issue. Actually, it is just an display issue, so the assignment actually works. The number is not displayed when you're skipping fast through the rigs.

The fix will be in version 3.0.4.

Thanks"
    Timo