crackling popping noises on poweramp output

• I was playing around with a cabinet (connected to the poweramp) the other day, checking out what profiles i liked with the cab and found when I adjust the cab high and low shift, my sound actually changed coming out of the poweramp, which wasnt inherently bad because it helped me dial it in, but i was confused because i thought cab parameters wouldnt change things coming out of the monitor/poweramp outputs. I also had some profiles change drastically when engaging and disengaging the cab, it also pops a little. The high and low shift makes a terrible popping clicking from one number to the next that comes through the poweramp outputs. Not all profiles seem to have the Cab On/Off popping or drastic sound change effect, but im wondering should I be looking for a certain revision of a profile to use? Im guessing i should use the latest one , i have been deleting all the old versions of the factory profiles that are on the kemper, as long as they at least sound the same. Most of all these profiles I have mentioned are mid/high gain profiles.