FCB1010 Uni 4 kemper performance mode problems

• So I'm sure the problem here is me but I'm can't seem to select or save a rig to any slot other than slot 1 in any bank other than bank 1.
    I had no trouble assigning different rigs in slots 1-5 in bank one, but when I go to slot 2 or 3 or 4 etc I only seem to have slot 1 available. None of the other slots are active, and by that I mean the light doesn't come on.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• Once you assign a rig to any of the performance slots (by using the directional keys to go to different banks or slots), it is activated. You then have to save the performance, or, as soon as you hop off of the bank (and sometimes the slot), your changes are lost. I tend to make a change, save the performance, rinse and repeat, even if it's a small tweak to a delay sound or shifting effects on one rig. I've spent a lot of time wondering where certain sounds went only to realize they weren't saved.

You also have to load the rig on every slot, even if you're using the same rig. The flexibility of performance mode is you can load up a chimy Fender sound for a clean part, a Vox with a light overdrive for a rhythm part, a Marshall for a lead sound, and maybe some boutique amp for the bridge, or load up 5 separate rhythm sounds for different amps and drive settings all across one bank. The Kemper doesn't make any assumptions - you have to dial in the rig on each slot in order to activate it, and tweak it to your needs.

Finally, the top right soft key enables the slot. Once you load up a rig in a slot it should be enabled automatically, but, be sure to press that if the text of the rig doesn't appear in the slot.

This should have nothing to do with your controller either, except if you don't save - if you change the bank, then you're basically reverting your changes. Save, and save often.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack