First ever Kemper "crash" / "lock up" at rehearsals today ..... all [ seems ] OK now ..... whew :0)

• Hey all

Am only posting this in case it helps others / or if others have also had this happen.

- KPA with 3.0.2.951
    - BJ Devices TB-12 Midi Controller - Bi-directional MIDI with Browse Name and Tuner Display
    - Atomic CLR Active Wedge
    - Dunlop VolumeX Midi Pedal

Last 3 months - all good - no issues.

Out of the blue, this is what happened tonight

- I was changing banks and programs [ only in Browse ] mode with the KPA
    - after about 2 hours the TB-12 pedal and the KPA seems to " loose" communication
    - I pressed the buttons on the TB-12 but the KPA didn't respond
    - I powered off / on the TB-12 - no change
    - the KPA and TB-12 weren't "talking to each other" any more
    - I went to the KPA and tired to manually change to a different Browse rig - nothing
    - I was getting "desperate" so I pressed the " Amplifier " [ Stack ] button to see if maybe it responded and the unit just immediately shut down but not powered-off-fully :(
    - I switched it off and it "hung" on shutdown for a long while [ 30 seconds or so ] and then eventually it shut down but without the usual shutdown-screen-progress bar
    - I powered it up -and it booted very slowly- and then finally went back to where it was, but everything was still locked up
    - our other guitarist - who also uses a KPA thanks to hearing mine :) - came over and said [ to my surprise ] that he had a similar issue the other day and what he did was to

( a ) unplug the Midi IN / OUT from the back of the KPA [ he has an RJM pedal ]
    ( b) shut down the KPA
    ( c ) power off his RJM pedal
    ( d ) plug all the Midi cables back in
    ( e) Turn the KPA back on
    ( f ) Power up the RJM
    ( g ) All was fixed and back to normal

I did the steps above and .... whew ..... all was fixed :)

I'm actually not stressed or worried about this .... my sense is that there was a glitch ( midi overflow ? ) between the KPA and the TB-12 .... especially given that the above steps fixed it and the units were in a bi-directional connection.

From my experience in the past, midi can be quite temperamental sometimes

Finished off the night no worries.

Like I said, I'm not concerned about this, as should it happen again, its a very easy "fix" - basically a cable unplug / re-plug and a re-boot ..... but I did want to post what happened and what we did to fix it in case others have or may see the same issue.

Ben

Edited 2 times, last by benifin ().