Incomming! New Bridge Pickup En-Route...(LTD/Dimarzio)

• Evening All,

Well, the start of a new pickup era is en-route for my LTD EC1000..

The guitar came with EMG's - great for high gain, but just ugh.
    Then I had some Tonerider Alnico II's - good, but gave a half cocked wah for heavy tones.
    Seymour Black Winters were next, and aggravated my tinnitus with their harsh and cold top end. ugh x 2
    Bulldog PAF's have been ace - but been needing something more 'thrashy' in the bridge.

So, I've been doing a lot of pickup searching. And come back to Dimarzio, the only brand I have used in the past and never been disappointed by - your mileage may vary. I've had blaze's in my old 7 strings, and D-activators back in 2007 in a les paul studio - and they ripped.

So, I've ordered one of the original D-activators for my EC1000 bridge, and really looking forward to it. Interested to see how the 7k + paf in the neck holds up against it, but I can always raise the height to compensate. Really looking forward to the tight low end, jump off the frets harmonics and see how it likes lower tunings. Plus, they are a good price these days.

Anyone have any advice for setting up a higher output pu with the Kemper? Just look at input led and set the clean levels I guess.

Will post back with a mini-review and clips - then sell my Bulldog PAF, and see how the neck works out - and see if that needs doing further down the line...

Anyone played one through the Kemper?

Cheers,

Tonerider

Anyone have any advice for setting up a higher output pu with the Kemper? Just look at input led and set the clean levels I guess.

yep:) and, set DS if you feel the amount of distortion you get in comparison to other guitars in the same rig(s) doesn't fit ;)