MIDI in browser mode question

• I'm new to the Kemper, found and dialed in some great tones and trying to setup up for live midi switching.
    I'm aware of the perform mode, but I want to just use browser mode.
    The manual says it can be done.

I assigned program change numbers to several rigs in the browse mode program change system page.
    When I change presets with the pedal, the correct rigs shows on the screen, with the correct midi channel, but the tone doesn't change.
    I followed the reference manual instructions and I've tried two midi pedals with the same results.
    Is there another setting I need to change to use midi in browse mode?

I also updated the operating system.

Is my Kemper broken?!?

HELP!

• So did you have 3.0.2 FW version and not the latest Beta releases (3.1.0, 3.1.1 are known to have some problem with Midi+browser mode)?I use browse mode exclusively with a 3rd party midi controller and it works just fine.

correct rigs shows on the screen,......but the tone doesn't change

Do you mean the desired rig is shown in the Kemper screen in main view, but tone doesn't match it? Or rig is shown somewhere else (in some kpa menu view, controller screen etc.)?

Which controller are you using btw.?

• I know you said you didn't want to use performance mode, and that's cool, but be sure to back up your original rigs in case you need to make changes later on. Editing a rig in performance doesn't modify the system-saved rig or its parameters, leaving you the original to reference at any time (handy!). So, regardless, back it up!

That said, I've used three MIDI controllers with my Kemper since I've gotten it in June (a Pod X3 Live, which I quickly replaced with a FCB1010 for temporary use, then moved on to a RJM Mastermind GT/22). I can't say I've experienced the same problem.

I believe there is an issue with the latest beta firmware in regards to program changes in browse mode specifically when using a MIDI controller, but I'm not 100% sure what the problem is.

Check in your system settings to see if "Rig Autoload" is enabled. If it's disabled, it may be loading up the rig only, but not replacing your current rig and settings. Just a thought.

What MIDI controller are you using? Are you ONLY sending PC messages from your controller, or are you sending CC messages as well? Do you have bidirectional communication set up, or are you just connecting controller MIDI out -> Kemper MIDI in?

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack