Powered monitor suggestions for desktop application

• Sorry if this has been beaten to death, and if there are links to pertinent threads, please feel free to post them and I'll sheepishly go away and read!

I'm loving my Kemper, and have it sitting on top of my desk in my studio here at the church where I work. I sometimes use headphones, but that can get to be source of fatigue after a while, so I'm looking for a decent pair of desktop powered monitors that will give me as close to FRFR as possible. I tried a JBL LSR305, but it's just too boomy in the low-end, and I also tried my Paradigm Millenia CT20 computer speakers, but once again, with the subwoofer, it's just too boomy, and not representative of the true signal coming from the Kemper.

Any other suggestions that I should consider? I'm not really interested in spending a ton on these, so let's keep the pair under 1K.

Thanks!

• I used some Yamaha hs8's up until recently for more than just desktop. You can use something like that by themselves and they were very very good.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• [quote='Trevy777','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/24386-Powered-monitor-suggestions-for-desktop-application/?postID=248466#post248466']
    I tried a JBL LSR305, but it's just too boomy in the low-end[quote]

Well I thought someone on this forum was using these JBLs with good results... I was about to try them.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• If a small footprint is required, I could recommend a pair of Adam A3X. Excellent near field monitors. Can be placed close to the wall. Excellent sound, especially in combination with some isolators e.g. MoPads.

• I've got the Tannoy 402's...

Kemper set up

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• I bought my son a pair of those JBLs and they are a great value. I tried one next to my reference monitors and they are pretty comparable. Slight differences in bass and the treble is not quite as crisp as mine, but overall quite good. As with all monitors it's all about the room and where they are placed in the room. I keep mine up off the floor and at least a foot(maybe a bit more) from the wall behind it. If they are on the floor or near a wall it's like adding about 6db of boom. More if it's in a corner.