Making Direct Profile - Question Regarding Using Cabinets from Merged vs Studio Profiles

• I'm making direct profiles of my Fargen Mini-Plex and I'm wondering what cabinets will work best with it. It's my understanding that firmware 3.0 allowed for a better separation of the amp and cabinet portions of the profile, allowing for more accurate DI profiles. Does this also mean that the cabinets from merged 3.0 profiles are more accurate and that I should use them over cabs taken from studio profiles when "attaching" a cab to my DI profile? Or is it simply the amp portion of the profile that is "cleaner" (without bits of the cab in it) in these newer firmwares? Thanks.

• Cabinets from Merged Profiles are more accurate than cabinets from Studio Profiles, because they are made from an automated comparison of a Direct Amplifier Profile and a Studio Profile.

The "Direct Amplifier" profile method is the other reason the separation between amp and cabinet is more accurate. If you are going to use cabinets from merged profiles, make Direct Amplifier profiles of your Fargen.:

Connect a DI box between your amp and your speaker cabinet, and profile the signal from the DI. This will capture the dynamic interaction of the amplifier with a speaker cabinet, without adding the influence of the microphone and its placement or the tone of the speaker. .

• Cabinets from Merged Profiles are more accurate than cabinets from Studio Profiles, because they are made from an automated comparison of a Direct Amplifier Profile and a Studio Profile.

The "Direct Amplifier" profile method is the other reason the separation between amp and cabinet is more accurate. If you are going to use cabinets from merged profiles, make Direct Amplifier profiles of your Fargen.:

Connect a DI box between your amp and your speaker cabinet, and profile the signal from the DI. This will capture the dynamic interaction of the amplifier with a speaker cabinet, without adding the influence of the microphone and its placement or the tone of the speaker. .

Cool beans, so when taking a cab from a Merged Profile, the cabinet portion of the profile is the result of the Kemper basically "subtracting" the direct profile from the studio profile, leaving a better representation of the mic'd cab?

I've already done a few DI profiles of the amp, but only have studio profiles on my kemper to tryout cabs at the moment, and even with those I really dug it. Looking forward to trying it using merged cabs now.