Suitable 1x12 cabinetry for use with the Power Rack

• Hi all,

Does anyone know what 1x12 guitar cabinetry can be used with the Kemper power rack speaker output?

(Obviously has to be 8 or 16ohm : but what about wattage?! 600w at 8ohm, 300w at 16ohm is a lot, no?!)

Reason I ask is I'm considering picking up an EVH 112 (16ohm Celestion G12h anniversary speaker at 30w rating)

.... Would be nice if I could use it with the Kemper....!

Any good or no?!

Thanks in advance :)

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• You can use this cab. You just have to be careful, not to destroy the speaker. So don't turn it up too loud.
    Unfortunately there is no specific master-value that you could see as a limit. You just have to be careful.
    I use a 1x12 with a Vintage 30 (60W, 16 Ohm) and never had Problems at MY (!) rehearsal- or stage-volumes (On stage, the 1x12 serves only as a monitor for myself).

Regards,
    LH

• I used a Bogner 1x12 Cab with a single Celestion Vintage 30 8ohm speaker and played real loud many times on the speaker output of my Kemper Power Rack
    With the Power amps boost at 10db and the Celestion took it without any problems for three years till I put a 80 watts Classic 80 in ( sounds better to me with the Kemper )
    I can't garanty that your celestion wil do the same, but I shouldn't worry about it

• I've got a Port City loaded with an 8 ohm Eminence Tonkerlite (125w, I believe) that I've pushed really hard a few times, like power amp boost all the way up and monitor output at -7 dB. I've used it a bunch since the last time I did that and it has no problems. I'd be scared to play very loudly through the EVH 1x12, but it should be okay if you're not blasting it with a bunch of volume or low end. I'd probably check out a DV Mark Neoclassic 112 instead if you can deal with a semi-open back cab.

• I started of with a Palmer loaded with G12 Greenbacks. Great sound and also played it in small Clubs. But with 25 Watts is was a bit thin in the mix. Needed some extra support through the pa but did the job. Now i picked up an orange ppc 112 with vintage 30s and play them together. Great mix and sound with enough reserves. Can also pan them on stage as single 12" and not too costy