=SOLVED!= "Add rig to favourites" function: has it changed?

• Me again, having another whinge about another 3.1.4 issue :whistling:....

Perhaps this just needs a little clarification from someone.
    any rigs in your "favourite list" are denoted by a small asterisk (*) next to the rig name.
    As has always been the case, to add a rig to favourites, we push and hold the "rig" button.
    But i notice in the latest FW the asterisk appears a short delay after releasing the button.
    It would be nice if the asterisk popped up whilst holding down the button as an indication of "got it, you can let go now" rather the uncertainty of it displaying later on. (did it before?)
    DIdnt it use to say, also, "rig added to favourites" too at some point to confirm the operation, as well as "this rig is no longer in your favourites" when a second push-and-hold of the rig button occurred?

thanks all :S

• Do you get any notification on-screen when you manually add/remove from your favourite list?

Yes, there are two messages: "This Rig is one of your favorites now" and "This Rig is no favourite anymore".

And how long before the "favourites-asterisk" appears on screen when making a rig into a favourite?

about 3 seconds.

• In an attempt to try and resolve this issue i backed up my profiler and done a restore (from the same backup). btw, I had 571 rigs at the time (there was mention that having too many rigs may introduce some delay).
    After the restore i had the 'mandatory' extended boot-up to check all rigs, performances, etc (which takes a few minutes)
    Following that, during the first minute of operation it took nearly TEN seconds from pressing the rig button before the asterisk "*" appears and still no pop-up dialogue to say "this rig is part of your favourites" (or the opposite when removing from favourites) Great disappointment set in at that moment. :(

However, after a few minutes, it now seems to have fixed itself and i get the "add/remove to favourite notification as expected within a few seconds, following the recent backup/restore process.
    ^^
    So it seems during the upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.1.4 something has affected memory but doing a backup and restore cures this.
    NB: I was told by support that "a specific reset should cure this" to save the need for a backup & restore.
    will know next time...