Output-Presets and Monitor Volume

• We have decided not store volume values to avoid large and dangerous jumps in volume.

+10 for allowing saving levels within a preset! Security reasons don't seem to be worth the hassle to me.

Whatever the Profiler's output is set at, it will nevertheless always have "an output volume". Even if we store different presets @ different volumes, there will always be one with the highest level among them. If that highest level coincided with the level I set my unit the last time I used it, the Profiler would nevertheless start with that level assigned, and having presets save the output level would be no more "dangerous" than that.

I use the Profiler in several situations but most of the times it is "Home" (where a volume and eq preset is welcome), "Rehearsals" (where a volume and eq preset is welcome), "PA" (we use our own mixing desk and a volume and eq preset is welcome).
    If you add that it's just common sense to start the PA\mixing desk with a low level before devices kick in, the impossibility to save levels sounds like an excess of prudence to me that most of the times comes in the way rather than being of help.

Hope this makes sense :)

• Maybe in one of the next Releases there is an overhauld Output-Preset-Menu with new "Option-soft-keys": 1. store volumes and 2. overwrite preset
    I would highly appreciate this.

• We have decided not store volume values to avoid large and dangerous jumps in volume.
    There is a standard workaround for sure: keep the volumes at constant values and adapt the correct levels on the receiving devices (mix desks, monitors)

Just to be clear, I wasn't commenting on the content of the preset itself as it pertains to this thread and your comment (i.e. storing volume values, or stomp values or what not) but on the overall management of the presets in general on the Kemper. For example, saving to existing instead of always creating a new one. Or being able to create once/use many (also known as alias/cascading) - having one preset that can be used in multiple situations (i.e. a stomp section preset of four stomps used in multiple rigs that can be tweaked once and the results show up in all rigs it is incorporated into).

• Resurrecting an old thread (it contains great information on what gets stored). I struggle a bit when switching between rehearsal and studio as Power Amp on/off settings (and probably "Monitor cab off" settings) are not getting stored in presets. Would like to request that those settings get stored in presets - but there is probably a though-up reason for not having it included...

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Monitor Cab Off is included in Output Presets

Power Amp on/off is not as Output Presets are universal and not every Profiler has a power amp. On the other hand you can leave the power amp on anyhow. It doesn't require a load and it's power consumption is low, while it is idle.

• Hehe thanks for the discussions today. Surely it's a small task to ignore the setting if there isn't a power amp section. The manual just stated that it could be turned off to save some power.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM