KPA Amp Configuration

• Hi KPA folk

i hope I'm not in danger of getting on your pip with my questions.! You may remember I previously had a Kemper and bought a pair of Yamaha DX 12s, I was never pleased with the live sound I got with them but that's another story. What I'd like to try this time is the following:

From my Messa boogie combo send and return to the KPA Send return, KPA Monitor out to Mesa Guitar input, I'm hoping this will enable me to have my clean valve sound from the Mesa and profiled amps coming from the KPA or just the effects from the KPA, I assume I can do this by just switching (off) the KPA when I want clean Mesa valve sound and (on) for profiles and or effects, making sure I program the cab sim toff when using Mesa clean! What do you think?

Mark

• Close. You would want to run the chain as follows:

Guitar> KPA input

KPA send> Mesa input

Mesa loop send> KPA return

KPA main out> Mesa loop return

This places the Mesa preamp in a loop, so you will need to use a slot for that when you want to run through it.

• Thank you, so this is the 4 cable method! I'm going to give it a try, I really hope this does what I want it to!

Would you you happen to know if a standard midi footswitch would work, strictly for program change messages only?

Thanks again friend

Mark

• Any MIDI foot controller that sends PCs will work, I'm using a Ground Control Pro. You won't be able to change channels on the amp unless you add an Amp Gizmo to the rig, but as far as changing presets on the KPA any MIDI controller will work.