3.2.1 FIXES THE DIGITAL CRACKLING / HASH :) => 3.2.0 ....BUG ..... still has the hi-freq-digital-crackling / hi-freq-digital-hash when Changing sounds in Browse mode ...

• comparing line by line is kinda middle ages :) for any serious software development project you need to use version control system to have control over what, when and why you put in your software - then every time after you commit the changes to kaos.bin you can easily compare code changes/comments etc...

• Just wondering is it related to this bug:
    Severe Noise problems - glitching warbling when switching stomps new kemper rack owner

In op you can find sound example - is this similiar in sound?

We found that there was a problem when muffin and mouse stomp's was used in the RIG.

• Just wondering is it related to this bug:
    Severe Noise problems - glitching warbling when switching stomps new kemper rack owner

In op you can find sound example - is this similiar in sound?

We found that there was a problem when muffin and mouse stomp's was used in the RIG.

To OP or anyone that experienced that defect - is this switching by Remote or by pressing Kempers < PAGE > buttons?

EDIT

I just had in on headphones.

Entered system menu page 4/17, set Rig X-Fade time to 10.0 while Constant latency is unchecked and exited from system menu and pressed RIG > button and had this cosmic weird sound over the rig sound.

• It is time for Kemper to pull all post-3.0.2 releases, then issue a 3.2.1 or 3.3-beta from the current codebase for the adventurous crowd to test and work from there.

No. ;)
    Like I already said elsewhere in this forum, it is time for users to open a support ticket providing a backup and information for support how to reproduce the crackling. (BTW I know a few users already did this.)
    I think if this behaviour had happened during the beta phase these versions wouldn't have been elevated to official FW versions.
    But frankly speaking only a few users are experiencing this bug.
    That's why it is crucial to open support tickets about it every single time you experience the bug.
    And for the record I didn't experience any of the crackling yet with 2 Profilers on the latest FW.

• I switch on PureCab on a Rock n Roll performance (Silverclone Nashville) and it appeared!
    [...]
    So, could it be in the PureCab function? This Pure Cabinet function was added AFTER 3.0.2

A lot of slap delay and probably some reverb was in there.
    But also the PureCab!
    Anybody? Maybe somebody missed this?

The KPA made me GAS again!

• Had it today several times while I was going through my stored profiles with Rig Manager. So it can happen with midi commander, kpa rig buttons or via RM.

I didn't use Pure Cab either. Doesn't mean its codebase couldn't contribute to the phenomenon.

Still the best guess goes to the system execution timing issue. The symptom sounds something similar like the CAB section or whole STACK would be set OFF.

From debugging perspective the nastiest cases are the ones where enabling some critical debug/tracing code makes the software timing different by slowing things down 'naturally' and making the bug disappear..

• It is hard to recreate it. I play with constant latency setting, x rig-fade time setting, space, pure cab and a switch profiles and cannot recreate it. But then out of nowhere it happens once a day or few.

• It is hard to recreate it. I play with constant latency setting, x rig-fade time setting, space, pure cab and a switch profiles and cannot recreate it. But then out of nowhere it happens once a day or few.

Then it is one of these fu#@!king issues that i have in my work:/ Hart to track and nail it down. The main problem is you cannot recreate it to debug the code.

• I do have a performance with a slot that will expose the issue time after time when both delay and reverb are on. Am not within reach of the Profiler, but will send in the backup tomorrow.

Thanks, Roel

• Then it is one of these nasty fu#@!king issues that i have in my work:/ Hart to track and nail it down. The main problem is you cannot recreate it to debug the code.

I do have a performance with a slot that will expose the issue time after time when both delay and reverb are on. Am not within reach of the Profiler, but will send in the backup tomorrow.

Thanks, Roel

Please, do. Thanks.

If it happens, please observe which were the rigs A and B between which you switched and which effects had the rigs A and B engaged (and even set off). It might help recreating the defect.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Every single LED works here. ;)

I love my KPA led's and i gave them less power that they didn't got FAT and ugly.
    In debug menu you have some parameters that define power for these Leds. Just turn the intensity to the half - an they should prolong their life:)
    I don't need so bright led's in my desk.

• I love my KPA led's and i gave them less power that they didn't got FAT and ugly.
    In debug menu you have some parameters that define power for these Leds. Just turn the intensity to the half - an they should prolong their life:)
    I don't need so bright led's in my desk.

Are the leds dying or the element that makes them work gets faulty...? I have read that LEDS work 30 000 - 100 000 hours and they don't die as regular bulbs, they just start emitting lower light. And in case of Kemper (at least in my case) the led died at one moment.

• Any gear that produce unpredictable audio quality is unusable for live purposes in my book. None of the versions post 3.0.2 should have been elevated to release-status. It is time for Kemper to pull all post-3.0.2 releases, then issue a 3.2.1 or 3.3-beta from the current codebase for the adventurous crowd to test and work from there.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ON!!!!!!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.