Profiling very loud

• When I tried to set the amp lower it kept coming up with error! I'm really frightened of it, sound like my speaker cabs going to fly out the mesh front, seriously!!

I really want to try it again as I've just bought a Voodo VR1 mic but I'm scared of damaging my speaker!
    ill try at lower volume again!

Thanks chaps

• Ok managed to get the volume thing under control. I profiled the overdrive on the Mesa and it actually sounds better through the KPA than the real thing!
    I used a Voodo mic and compared it against the SM57 the voodo is a lot smoother on the top end, looking forward to combining the two together.
    I'm going to attempt to mix both the mic's through a Bose tonematch as it's basically a mixer but used the L2 Bose system, anyone had any experience with this method?

• Good to hear you had success. A good advice is to profile the amp in the sweetspot with the settings you like it best. And as Hell-g wrote "The Profiling process is as loud as you have set your amp." .There's plenty of info about dual micing tips if you search this forum. I haven't read anything about the Bose mixer but you might find that too.
    Good luck! :)

• Orko

Im sorry thought I already replied to you!
    thanks for the advise, I've managed to keep the volume down now!! I really wish I could find out if the Bose tonematch is any good for profiling but doesn't seem to be much info out there, I'll give it a go with various settings and if they're any good I can put them on the Rig exchange! Thanks for your reply

Mark

• I think that the Bose device is not common here, at least I don't remember anybody having experience with it.
    IMO it's always best to simply try profiling and report your results, especially if they are not satisfactory to you.
    You'll get more and better advice this way.