I'm a newbie at this...and need help

• can't read the manual as I don't have Adobe....maybe I'll be forced to reinstall it ...
    anyhow....Is it now possible for me to bulk dump all 661 rigs from my Kemper into Rig Manager ? so I can rebuild from scratch ?

• can't read the manual as I don't have Adobe....maybe I'll be forced to reinstall it ...
    anyhow....Is it now possible for me to bulk dump all 661 rigs from my Kemper into Rig Manager ? so I can rebuild from scratch ?

All the rigs you have in your Kemper can be found in RigManager application under "MyProfiler" folder on the left section:

[Blocked Image: http://s22.postimg.org/a0ehbx9oh/aa90.jpg]

Was this the information you needed?

• thanks, I'm running 3.1.4 and r.m. is installed,.
    shows 661, in all rigs , but nothing in local library...
    Id like to move everything from the Kemper into the p.c. rig manager then move my fav,s back to the Kemper.
    and leave everything else in the p.c. rig manager.

my profiler now also shows 661.
    so is it safe to bulk erase all my rigs from the Kemper now ?

Id like to move everything from the Kemper into the p.c. rig manager then move my fav,s back to the Kemper.

my profiler, shows 0 rigs.

Your KPA rigs will be under MyProfiler section.
    Create folder in Local Library - and copy your rigs over there(select all with shift and drag and drop it over there).

my profiler, shows 0 rigs.

1) what version of RigManager are you running? RigManager -> Help -> About

All rigs - 661
    Myprofiler - 0
    RigExchange - how many?

You have written Is it now possible for me to bulk dump all 661 rigs from my Kemper into Rig Manager - and later you said MyProfiler says 0 rigs - is your Profiler correctly connected to RigManager? When you doubleclick on any of the rigs inside RigManager, does it change in Profiler accordingly?

• R.M.1.5
    everything looks good.
    I dragged all 661 rigs from myprofiler into local library.
    Am I now clear to erase all the rigs from my Kemper....I don't want to lose the new Andy rigs....

• Your KPA rigs will be under MyProfiler section.
    Create folder in Local Library - and copy your rigs over there(select all with shift and drag and drop it over there).

R.M.1.5
    everything looks good.
    I dragged all 661 rigs from myprofiler into local library.
    Am I now clear to erase all the rigs from my Kemper....I don't want to lose the new Andy rigs....

Just try if few in the local library profiles are what they should be :) Double click them and check if these are that you just moved. Than you may want to do the backup of RigManager content into single *.rmbackup file and store it in any safe place - USB stick, google/MS/Apple cloud. So in case of any failure you could restore local Rigmanager content - after that you may safely delete all "MyProfiler" rigs.

[Blocked Image: http://s14.postimg.org/xn5jqsybl/aa10.jpg]

• OK, I've backed up K on a stick ...
    next I shut K off and opened RM in p.c.
    Everything is in local library....so I'm good to go.
    Is there a way to bulk erase all my rigs from K in one fell swoop ?
    ...maybe, uncheck favorites, then erase non favorites ?

Edited once, last by old crow ().

• that worked. They're all gone , except the one that was in the display when I hit delete.
    Thanks for your help ...this is an amazing forum.
    This feels good...a clean slate.
    I,ll start rebuilding tonite with some of Andy,s new experimental rigs.

• I did the same thing. Rig Manager will be your best friend. I got my KPA used and it had a few extra rigs on it, but I just wanted to clear everything off, put my name on it, and load up rigs applicable to me. I keep about 30-50 (depending on what I'm doing) on the unit itself. It makes demoing the unit to people who are interested an actual demo, and not an exercise in scrolling through hundreds of rigs. I generally use about 5 tops per gig, though recording is a different story.

I would recommend, even though the Kemper is fairly stable, to backup your unit every time you spend time making changes (via USB stick). This way, if anything goes wrong, a simple restore will get you back to where you were.

I would HIGHLY ADVISE downloading and reading the reference manual. It will literally give you everything you would ever want to know about the Kemper, and it's an easy read. I'm assuming you must be on a really old version of Windows, because Windows (since Win8, I believe, which was released in 2012) has native PDF reading support. Adobe Reader, on every Windows computer I've ever used, has been a slow, bloated mess. There are alternatives that are faster though - I remember using Foxit for a while before I went all Apple. Much faster for simple reading. Check its system requirements against your system first, though.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Why did I wait so long ....aargh !,,
    This is the only way to go
    No more wasted time scrolling.

My PC is old and running 7, I'll see if Foxit is still available.
    The only thing I use this p.c. for is my Kemper...I seem to use my iPad for everything now.