Momentary control of FX / presets / slots

• Hi all.

Looking at picking up a NON-latching style pedal to plug into the Profiler Remote to do some momentary stuff....

Just wondering what is possible to successfully assign to the momentary switch....?

ie. Could I have a slot with a dirty (high gain) profile on the go and engage the momentary switch to bring in a clean one with some delay sand reverb spank for example?

Or, could the momentary even select another performance slot and when released revert to the different former performance slot??

Cheers!

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• ATM a momentary switch that's connected to the Remote supports exactly the options available for a switch connected to the Profiler's back.
    Which means that you can switch rigs or scroll upwards/downwards, but not in a way that you get another rig when pressing the switch and reverting back if you un-press.

• ATM a momentary switch that's connected to the Remote supports exactly the options available for a switch connected to the Profiler's back.
    Which means that you can switch rigs or scroll upwards/downwards, but not in a way that you get another rig when pressing the switch and reverting back if you un-press.

I see. Hopefully this functionality will be incorporated in the near future with an OS update...

How about the application of said FX simultaneously (delay & reverb... Simultaneously with the press of the momentary switch, perhaps flange/phase also and then all 3 disengage when the switch is released....?

Thanks!

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• How about the application of said FX simultaneously (delay & reverb... Simultaneously with the press of the momentary switch, perhaps flange/phase also and then all 3 disengage when the switch is released....?

This is of course possible with the switches on the Remote itself, and like I said the options for an attached switch mirror the options you have when you connect a switch to the back of the Kemper. These options include some simultaneous switching. Switch on your profiler and read what's available when you connect a switch.

• Simultaneously with the press of the momentary switch, perhaps flange/phase also and then all 3 disengage when the switch is released....?

May be a misunderstanding on my part, but doesn't the Kemper only respond to a latch (closed contact) or unlatch (open contact) but not both. The polarity option will determine which function (latch or unlatch) that the Kemper responds to. So, you can't get the switch to control a Kemper function when you step on the button and also undo the function when you release the button. You can control the function either by stepping on the button or on the release of a button, but not both. You would need to step on the button a second time for the operation you are describing. Is there an option in the Kemper for true momentary operation that I am missing?

• May be a misunderstanding on my part, but doesn't the Kemper only respond to a latch (closed contact) or unlatch (open contact) but not both. The polarity option will determine which function (latch or unlatch) that the Kemper responds to. So, you can't get the switch to control a Kemper function when you step on the button and also undo the function when you release the button. You can control the function either by stepping on the button or on the release of a button, but not both. You would need to step on the button a second time for the operation you are describing. Is there an option in the Kemper for true momentary operation that I am missing?

No, you're perfectly right. I wanted to (clumsily) explain the same thing 3 posts above. ;)

• This is of course possible with the switches on the Remote itself, and like I said the options for an attached switch mirror the options you have when you connect a switch to the back of the Kemper. These options include some simultaneous switching. Switch on your profiler and read what's available when you connect a switch.

Unfortunately, I don't yet own a switch to connect to see available options (hence my questioning before I make such a purchase...)

I think you misunderstood me marginally Ingolf, apologies; I meant when a switch is physically pressed (and held) and then released ... (Not simply switched in and then out again) Ie. It would need to be a capacitive functionality like the Line6 Helix apparently offers; which I don't believe the Kemper remote yet offers but could have the functionality to do so in future with the current hardware switches in the remote? (if I read that correctly wherever...!)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• May be a misunderstanding on my part, but doesn't the Kemper only respond to a latch (closed contact) or unlatch (open contact) but not both. The polarity option will determine which function (latch or unlatch) that the Kemper responds to. So, you can't get the switch to control a Kemper function when you step on the button and also undo the function when you release the button. You can control the function either by stepping on the button or on the release of a button, but not both. You would need to step on the button a second time for the operation you are describing. Is there an option in the Kemper for true momentary operation that I am missing?

Hopefully this can be incorporated soon....! I'll definitely do a "feature request" as suggested by Paults above !

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack