Remote question

• Hey everyone! I have a question and my setup is at my rehearsal studio so I can't go look right now. Anyway, are all the expression inputs (pedal 3 4, 5, 6) up and running? I want to use. More than the two I currently use ( wah, volume, swell) for other effect parameters. Second, I wanted to know the best way to insert my Fender Runaway pedal in my rig to be available when needed. I don't want to put it in my chain anymore because it is noisy. So can I use one of the remote ports or do I have to use it in the toaster somehow. If so where and how? I use my direct out and monitor out for my two DXR10s. So am I out of options to put in in a loop? Thanks in advance!

• ...are all the expression inputs (pedal 3 4, 5, 6) up and running?

Yes, they are. When you connect a momentary switch (I have a Boss FC-7) you have exactly the same switching options as when connecting one to the back of your profiler.

Second, I wanted to know the best way to insert my Fender Runaway pedal in my rig to be available when needed. I don't want to put it in my chain anymore because it is noisy. So can I use one of the remote ports or do I have to use it in the toaster somehow. If so where and how? I use my direct out and monitor out for my two DXR10s. So am I out of options to put in in a loop? Thanks in advance!

I have never had one. Do you find it works best at the beginning of your signal chain (pre amp) or better in the loop of an amp (i.e. after the preamp in conventional amp settings)?
    Anyway, if it is noisy your only option is to place it in the loop of the Kemper (and the loop should be placed where it sounds best, see above).
    In this case you'd need to sacrifice one DXR.

• Currently, the Remote Input Jacks can also be used for Wah and Pitch effects, or they can be used with single or dual swtches for the same kinds of functions as the two external control jacks on the back of the KPA.

The Remote jacks are not Effects Loop jacks. You cannot plug anything into them other than Expression pedals or switches,

Unless someone who uses stereo monitors can offer an alternative solution, I suggest getting a hardware "true bypass" box, and plug the Fender effect into it, and put the bypass box between your guitar and the KPA.

[Blocked Image: http://www.premierguitar.com/ext/resources/archives/739db1eb-7e2d-4aad-9dc9-275b1585fbef.JPG]

• All as I figured but never hurts to ask. Thanks to both of you...I know my way around the one Kemper but wanted to ensure I hadn't overlooked an option.
    I always respect both of you guys direction, opinions etc...specifically. If I use the drawing could I interrupt path anywhere else besides in front of rig? Second...I also use a Rock torn Banshee, what do ya'll think would be the best place to drop it in? Right now I have it in line up front of the Kemper..the reason I'm asking is I've had a thought to get the profile/rig into the input vs my guitar just straight in to the Banshee. I know it's designed to be stand alone and cut the signal when switched on, but just thinking...too hard more than likely!!

• Also what parameters if I use all four expression pedals at the remote can I control? I would like to keep a volume for one for my leads, a wah for one, a swell currently I have been killing my wah to use the swell patch I've built. But I have been using a switch on the remote to kill the wah so my exp. Pedal becomes my zero to rhythm volume. Kind of a steel sound I use periodically. I've got some down time before two big shows in 3weeks so Sorry for all the questions but this is what happens when I'm off the rock and roll road sitting at home on a Friday relaxing lmao!!

• .I also use a Rock torn Banshee, what do ya'll think would be the best place to drop it in? Right now I have it in line up front of the Kemper.

I have my Banshee in front of my Kemper, too. Since you already are using your Direct Out, your options are limited.

Hey - some people have mentioned using both the XLR and 1/4" Main Outs at the same time. If that works for you, you could control your stage volume from the Inputs of the DXR10s, without affecting the volume of the lines you are sending to the PA (and, your Direct Out would be available for Effects Loop, or for the Banshee).

• Yep, using both the XLR and 1/4" Main Outs is a good point I've read that as well and wondered if that would be they way to go to free up the return and send for a loop. Hey while I have your attention...I recall something about people putting an mp3 player/Music into the Kemper to play along with, how is this being done and does all outputs such as main, direct, monitor get whatever is being input along with the guitar? We use some tracks and I was thinking of taking Guitar tracks I record with the Kemper and running those through along with my live guitar so that both the track and my live guitar comes out of the mains and my monitors. I'm so close to going IEM just shopping them a bit now. Looking hard at the Shure line.

• The Alternative Input and Return can be used as a stereo pair. ( I don't have any experience using it that way, so I'll quote the Reference Manual)

Auxiliary Input
    The Auxiliary Input function allows you to feed a stereo signal, such as a mp3-player, into your Profiler to play along with it. In the Output/Master menu, the Auxiliary Input function is equipped with two controls: one to feed the aux signal to the MAIN OUTPUTS as well as S/PDIF OUT, and another to feed it to the MONITOR and HEADPHONE OUTPUT. This allows you, for instance, to add an additional monitor signal to your HEADPHONE OUTPUT, while the MAIN OUTPUT stays unaffected. The auxiliary signal will not be affected by any internal effects.
    You will need to purchase a special cable which provides the stereo signal via two separate TS jacks. Plug the left jack into the RETURN INPUT and the right jack into the ALTERNATIVE INPUT. Use the "Aux In …" soft knobs to adjust the level.

While you have an effects loop active in your Rig, or you are in Profiler Mode, the Auxiliary Input cannot be used, since the physical inputs are needed for a different purpose.