Yamaha FRFR speakers

• Hello guys

just a quick question regarding those...

everyone praise the DXR 10

what about the DXS and DBR lines ? Any quality difference apart from the power?

I'm about to order a DXR 10...

• Anybody got the chans to try the Yamaha DBR10 yet?

.....I didn't hear a significant difference in sound between the DBR and DXR, except that there is more difference between the built-in EQ presets on the DBR. The DBR (10" in particular) gets terribly boomy if you put it on the floor without activating the monitor-preset. I guess this has to do with the cabinets design and its influence on resonance. It may also vibrate more with lower frequencies due to the reduced weight. Note that my experience so far is limited to a test at a local resellers shop.

BUT

So i got the DBR10 , brought to to rehersals and found an issue that i did not se comming.
    I play mostly semi acoustic music and the DBR just produced to much low end energy. It did not realy cut well in the mix and when i tried to EQ and diffrent placement but it i just
    messed up my sound.

FINALLY

Ok , what to do ??? I returned it (DBR10) and brought home a DXR8. Brought it to rehersals and yes ! very diffrent. The smaller speaker and sound projection profile works much better for me. It`s clear, tight, cut well and has more than enough low end. The 10/12 speakers sound big and nice when i practice and have them in my house but
    for me the 8 was perfect by not messing as much with the energy of the room. I realy recomend Jazz players to give it a try.

Yamaha DXR

At least i got the DXR 10
    DBR 10 is very leightweight
    but sounds unnatural and boomy, for guitar , its very god as PA speaker

DXR 8 has too much Mids
    DXR 10 sounds the most natural with guitar, its a big difference to the others