Matrix GT1000fx vs Fryette Power Station

• Hey everyone!

I've been looking at options for an amp to run through a cab. I'm leaning towards either the GT1000fx or the Power Station. Has anyone used both of these through the Kemper and have opinions? If so I'ld love to hear them. The Kemper sounds and feels great through the K10 I'm using right now, but will one of these give it that extra bit of magic?

From what I've read they're both great. I'm leaning more towards the PS just because of the tubes, but the lighter weight and great reviews of the GT still have me considering it.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Edited 2 times, last by jinjabred ().

• Hey man - I've actually tested all of these. The Matrix GT1000FX is by far the best. It's super fast, completely flat, extremely clean power. I've paired it with a Xitone 2x12 passive cab, and the combination makes me feel foolish for having done anything else in the past.

Please reach out with any further questions - I'm a massive supporter of the KPA + Matrix GT1000FX + Xitone combination.

That said, sadly, I'm selling my Matrix and Xitone because our band is going through a transition that will no longer require me to use them (we currently use 2 of each). If you're near Chicago, come try it out.

Post here: Matrix GT1000FX 1U + Xitone 2x12 FRFR cab available for sale

• Thanks for the information. I'm trying to sell some gear to fund the purchase at the moment. I'm still kind of up in the air because I've heard good things about the Fryette. Wish I could check it out, but I'm in Texas and not heading that way any time soon. Also I'ld probably want to go with the 2u (Quiet fans) version. Thanks again for the info!