Guitar switcher

• Many of us use multiple guitars. This is what I picture for a feature.

• You plug in an instrument in one of the inputs. The soft keys light up temporarily (5-10 seconds) with 'select guitar' and a bunch of your previously saved presets (e.g. Les Paul, Strat etc) . The last used guitar is selected by default. If you don't do anything the screen automatically goes away. So that way it doesn't affect normal Kemper use. This doesn't even come up if you have only one guitar configured.
      • Alternative: Make the soft keys always visible in the 'Tuner' menu.
    • What can you do with these settings? Well, a bunch of shit: Input volumes, Output Volumes, Distortion Sense, Clean Sense, maybe even routing? (For example, If I switch from an electric to an acoustic, I might want to switch off the PowerAmp and use only the monitor out). Maybe even have a particular EQ for a particular guitar if that's your thing.

I know there's something similar purely for the input, but think of the flexibility you could gain from just unplugging, plugging and selecting a particular guitar with one button! Would be fantastic for playing live!

Cheers

• Hi Ingolf, see point no 2, I'm thinking of something global that can affect almost everything, it goes beyond just inputs. And it's something you can do very easily in a live situation with multiple guitars, rather than having A/B boxes etc.

Are there settings you thought you would want changed as soon as you switched guitars? An EQ or the output routing, for example?

• Hi Ingolf, see point no 2, I'm thinking of something global that can affect almost everything, it goes beyond just inputs. And it's something you can do very easily in a live situation with multiple guitars, rather than having A/B boxes etc.

Are there settings you thought you would want changed as soon as you switched guitars? An EQ or the output routing, for example?

OK I got you now.
    Not my personal way of thinking or using the profiler, but I see where you are coming from.
    Could be definitely useful for some use cases.

• Could be definitely useful for some use cases.

Thanks Ingolf. I was thinking especially for acoustic / electric switching. And come to think of it, maybe even have a midi CC command to switch guitars, so that you can still use an existing A/B box!

Edited once, last by doomoo ().